Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
DemetriaBeth
Message 1 of 3 (276 Views)

How to save a document as a template (*.adt)

I know we have gone about this backwards, but I created a document in Excel and i want to save it as a template in act.  Is there anyway to do this or do i have to convert the excel document to word?  Also, if it does need to be in word, how do i save a word document as a template?  Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Nickel Elite Contributor
jnpurdy
Message 2 of 3 (248 Views)

Re: How to save a document as a template (*.adt)

Hi DemetriaB.

The first question to ask is what is the desired end product.  To create a template, go to:

Write | New Letter/E-Mail Template |

That should take you to a Word document.  To place fields, there should be an ACT! add-in and you click on show fields. 

Enter your text and fields and then "Save As" to make sure it is in either the default folder location or another as desired.

If you are trying to pull information from several records and build a spreadsheet, that is well above my ability, but one of the board gurus should be able to help.

Hope that helps.

John Purdy
Sage ACT! Premium 2014 (V. 16)
Dell XPS Ultrabook
Windows 8 Professional, Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2011
Please use plain text.
DemetriaBeth
Message 3 of 3 (229 Views)

Re: How to save a document as a template (*.adt)

Okay, thanks John, i'll try it and see if it works.  I got my document into word, so I know the rest is relatively easy, if i could just remember how to do it...lol...

Beth

Please use plain text.