Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
llinton
Message 1 of 8 (16,279 Views)

How do i import data from an EXCEL spreadsheet into ACT??

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (16,273 Views)

Re: How do i import data from an EXCEL spreadsheet into ACT??

Try www.exponenciel.com They have a plug in with free 21 day trial period. I have been using it and its easy to set up and use. You can set up this plug in to talk both ways or just one way, either Excel > Act or Act > Excel. There is another one from www.crmaddons.com that I haven't played with very much, but depending on what you want to do, either of the ones on these websites should work fine.

Hope that this helps,

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 3 of 8 (16,263 Views)

If it's just new contacts you want to import, export from Excel into CSV and use this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/3kvjz5

If you want to merge into current records or import into sales opportunities, notes, histories, secondary contacts, etc, then use itImport

Please use plain text.
Nickel Contributor
patgenn123
Message 4 of 8 (16,257 Views)

Is there a way of doing an auto import with a hotkey without any additional screens popping up? In other words, hotkey, bam! the info is imported after the information is mapped?

-P

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
david
Message 5 of 8 (16,213 Views)

Hi

In addition to the other excellent suggestions, you might like to have a look at Inaport for ACT.

Inaport can import into any table or combination of tables, with matching on any field or combination of fields, and powerful data transformation capabilities. it can pull data from Excel, Acccess, text files, or any other ODBC compatible data source (including most accounting systems).

Any questions, please ask.

Regards

David Evans

InaPlex - CRM Integration

Please use plain text.
MorrisW
Message 6 of 8 (16,188 Views)

The way I do it is like this. Set up your excel spreadsheet the way you want it. Name, Title, Company, Address1, etc. across the top of the spreadsheet. Once you have all your columns set up that you want in ACT save your spreadsheet as a text tab delimited document in your Excel Folder. Open ACT and select new database, name it and when ready go to Import in ACT and select your excel information you saved as text delimited. Select import and you will get a map which should be almost right if you created all the columns in excel. If you have some blank click on the blank and select what you need; such as, "Email", "Title" etc.

This should be plenty to get you where you want to be. After the first import, it is very easy the next time. If you mess up just delete the database you created and try again because you have your data in excel. I would suggest that you also export your databases to Excel and save them in a folder called ACT databases. This is a great backup that you have available if for some reason ACT crashes along with your databases! If that happens you can import your database back into ACT when you need to. Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (1,068 Views)

Hi,

Please help me out someone very soon.I am the new user, not able to importing the data from excel sheet, after a particular installtion. I dnn knw what the problem,Even i also delete the data which i have uploaded previously. But, i am nt able to make it.

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
david
Message 8 of 8 (1,054 Views)

Hi

In addition to the other excellent suggestions, you might like to have a look at Inaport for ACT.

Inaport can import into any table or combination of tables, with matching on any field or combination of fields, and powerful data transformation capabilities. it can pull data from Excel, Acccess, text files, or any other ODBC compatible data source (including most accounting systems).

Any questions, please ask.

Regards

David Evans

InaPlex - CRM Integration

Please use plain text.