Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
tkmxx
Message 1 of 2 (1,288 Views)

How do I add a license/change "my record" on remote database?

I have two users on ACT! 2009. Just installed one on a workstation serving as a "server", created a remote database and installed on the 2nd computer. Then realized the 2nd computer was pulling up the same "My record" as the "server" database - but this should be a different user. Next updated the serial number since I had used the same serial number on both databases. Still receiving message that there is only 1 license available to use on my database. However I purchased 2 copies of ACT! so shouldn't I have two licenses? Aside from updating serial numbers, how can I update the license information so that I can change the user / "My record" user in the remote database? Thank you!!!!
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 2 (1,282 Views)

Re: How do I add a license/change "my record" on remote database?

The first thing you will need to do is make sure both licenses have been added to the main database.  In the main database, go to Help/Register ACT!.  If you only see one serial# listed, then click Add and go through the steps to add the 2nd license. Then go to Tools/Manager Users and add the second user.

When you created the sync set for the remote, if you chose the option "All Current and Future Users", then you just need to sync and the new user record will come over.  Then you can close the remote database, reopen and login as the new user.  If you did not choose this option, but rather selected a specific user, then you will need to create a new sync, include the new user and then create new remote database using that sync set.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.