Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! cannot assign Act.framework.contacts.contact to Act.framework.contacts.contact". Then "parameter name: item

Help! cannot assign Act.framework.contacts.contact to Act.framework.contacts.contact". Then "parameter name: item

I have encountered an issue I cannot get past: I have been creating companies in Act, then attaching contacts. I have also been adding some fields and trying to link them to contacts (employee count, addresses, etc). When trying to go to the companies screen, I get an error screen that say "cannot assign Act.framework.contacts.contact to Act.framework.contacts.contact". Then "parameter name: item".

I have tried to update like requested and tried to apply the hot fix 4 but in was not for this version. my version is 12.1.1.81.0

Re: Help! can not assign Act.framework.contacts.contact to Act.framework.contacts.contact". Then "parameter name: item

I have tried to repair and rebuild to no avail.

Ken

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Help! can not assign Act.framework.contacts.contact to Act.framework.contacts.contact". Then "parameter name: item

Hello Ken,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Two avenues for initial troubleshooting:

1. Open the Demo database and test.  If the same behaviour is exhibited, the issue is most likely with the install of the program.

2. Since you have been making changes/field linking > unlink the fields and test the behavior.  You may fnd there is a particular field linking causing the issue.

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Help! cannot assign Act.framework.contacts.contact to Act.framework.contacts.contact". Then "parameter name: item

The cause of this error is attempting to copy layout elements from another entity (usually Contacts) to a Company layout.  If you remove the fields that were copied from a non-Company layout, the problem will go away.