Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener
blinkme323
Message 1 of 3 (908 Views)

HELP WITH ACT 10 INSTALL!!!

Hi everyone,

My company is in the process of upgrading from ACT 6 to ACT 10.  Everything was going smoothly until I hit the last machine that I needed to install it on.  Whenever I start the install I constantly get hit with the following errors:

prereq has encountered an error and must shut down
PDestroy.exe has encountered an error and must shut down
machineconfigupdater.exe has encountered an error and must shut down
securitycmdlnapp.exe has encountered an error and must shut down

These errors keep popping up until the install is halted.  This is the only machine on my network that I've experienced this on, as all of the other machines were fine.  I ran AdAware and it came up with a few critical objects which were removed, but when I tried the install again there was no change.

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it, I can't convert until I have ACT on this machine.

Thanks
dlunceford
Message 2 of 3 (898 Views)

Re: HELP WITH ACT 10 INSTALL!!!

Blinkme323,

Sounds like a bad installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.

Go to add/remove programs and unisntall Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.  Restart the computer and start the install again.  The ACT! install will reinstall .NET for you.

Tuned Listener
Linda
Message 3 of 3 (750 Views)

Re: HELP WITH ACT 10 INSTALL!!!

Hello all,

I had same problem when install 1 user's machine.the machine ever had ACT! software before and re-formatted. I tried many times but no joy.

i was halted when i start install ACT! software update

I have tried to uninstall the .NET framework 2.0, but it didn't work, even i couldn't uninstall the framework.

And it keep popping up and halt my install.

Any idea what should i do to make this software works ?

thanks

Linda