kyflca
Message 1 of 2 (227 Views)

ERROR CODE help

[ Edited ]

I am trying to open ACT Pro 2012 for the first time on this computer and receive the following error code:

A service required to use ACT is not currently running.  Please log onto your computer as an administrator and start the service manually:  CLick Start, control panel, administrative tools, services.  Right-click Protexis Licensing and then click start.  Once complete restart ACt

I followed that step however it did not fix the issue and I kept receiving the same message.  I called customer support and they emailed me over ANSWER ID 23998 and I followed all the steps reflected with no success.  When I did step 5 and renamed the PSIKey_3.dll file to just PSIKey.dll and tried to restart ACT all that happened was the screen went white and at the top of the monitor (where it shows what program you are running) it reflected ACT was opening but nothing ever happened.  The computer screen just stayed blank and the curser icon showed it was processing but nothing ever happened. 

I just called back into customer support and they said the best way to get help would be this forum.  I understand in talking to the representative that the PSIKey_3 has some issues and there are steps that can resolve it and hope you can help.  Please let me know if you need any additional information . Thanks

Steve Phillips

[Edit: Personal contact info removed from body of post per Community guidelines]

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 2 (162 Views)

Re: ERROR CODE help

Hello Steve,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Is the Protexis Licensing Services running in your Windows services? To check, click your Windows Start button and type "services.msc" in the Search box.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.