Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
GalaGorman
Message 1 of 7 (6,671 Views)

E-Mail Configuration

My ISP requires that I change my outgoing port to 587.  Is there ANY workaround for this?  I've been looking all day for a solution/resolution.  The authentication isn't enough.
Please use plain text.
GalaGorman
Message 2 of 7 (6,675 Views)

Re: Getting Act to Send Email using Internet Mail

[ Edited ]
I need to configure my outgoing port to 587 with ACT 2006.  Is that possible?  If not with 2006, what about 2007?  Is there any workaround?  Surely there's a "behind the scenes" way to change the defaul port...right??!!

{post moved from another thread to consolidate information}

Message Edited by tashina on 03-03-2008 07:13 PM
Please use plain text.
Nickel Super Contributor
AJones
Message 3 of 7 (6,648 Views)

No, there is not a way in ACT Email to change the default ports. If your isp requires non-default ports, you will need to use Outlook or Outlook Express to configure your email, then configure ACT to use whichever you chose.
Please use plain text.
GalaGorman
Message 4 of 7 (6,639 Views)

I changed from Outlook EM to Act EM because it was crashing so much.  It has still been quirky but it seemed better.  I also use 2 different EM addresses and really like to drop down menu when I send new mail.

Anyway, I tried to set-up an Outlook EM account yesterday and kept getting an error.  How do I switch back to Outlook EM and can I do that without losing history?  I haven't been able to figure out how to get multiple EM accounts to show up separately so I can send/receive independently from one another.  I already have forwarding.  I want 2 completely separate accounts.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks!
Gala
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 5 of 7 (6,589 Views)

GalaGorman wrote:
I changed from Outlook EM to Act EM because it was crashing so much.  It has still been quirky but it seemed better.  I also use 2 different EM addresses and really like to drop down menu when I send new mail.

Anyway, I tried to set-up an Outlook EM account yesterday and kept getting an error.  How do I switch back to Outlook EM and can I do that without losing history?  I haven't been able to figure out how to get multiple EM accounts to show up separately so I can send/receive independently from one another.  I already have forwarding.  I want 2 completely separate accounts.

Depending on the version of Outlook, you can add multiple accounts to it and select the account in the New Email window.

What error did you get? At what point?

What version of ACT! - full version from Help | About?
What version of Outlook?
Please use plain text.
Formula1
Message 6 of 7 (5,811 Views)

Can anyone get Act to work with Gmail??

Also do you find that when you use Outlook, and then try to send out a template, it cancels all the bold, or underlines, or italics in the text??

Hate this program. 

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 7 of 7 (5,451 Views)

Formula1 wrote:

Can anyone get Act to work with Gmail??

Not via Internet Mail as GMail uses SSL. You need to use Outlook from ACT! to GMail

Also do you find that when you use Outlook, and then try to send out a template, it cancels all the bold, or underlines, or italics in the text??

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

Re Outlook - templates or individula emails?

Please use plain text.