10-21-2010 04:45 AM
On the average, it takes 30 seconds to clear an activity that includes a follow up or 15 seconds without a follow up. I believe the problem is more in my data than in the program itself.
I have run all the re-index programs, both from inside ACT and with Actdiag. I will get a brief improvement, but the problem quickly returns after clearing a few activities.
My last attempt was to make an empty copy of the database.
Then I clicked on export all records. I accepted all the defaults (did not change the way it looks for duplicates) and checked include attachments.
There is no history showing for any of the exported contacts. The filter box shows "all dates" and "Types" will not allow me to check anything. The drop down shows only All or None at the bottom, but there is no text in the area above these two.
There are no attachments.
Past activities: There was a large number of past activities in the "My Record" that did not show in the source db. I cleared those. Then there was only 1 past due activity in the Task List. I cleared that. But then I did a lookup of a single contact and there was a past due activity that isn't showing on the Task List.
10-22-2010 01:06 PM
What build of V13 are you running?
To test > create a new database and see if the History types appear in the drop-down.
For moving the data: Create a new Empty copy > check the History types in the new copy > then 'Import' the original database into the new one. Do the history items and attachments come over with the Import?
Activities response time: How many 'un-cleared' activities are currently on the Task List? How many for current day (if you are rolling them over)?
10-24-2010 05:07 AM
Good morning Greg and thank you for the response. You brought up something very interesting ... you mentioned importing from the source db instead of exporting.
Oh, my version? - Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2
I created a new db.
Opened the new db and the history types are there.
I then closed the db and copied over the layouts from the source db
Opened the new db again and the history types are now gone.
Opened the source db and the history types are there
Total number of activities:
Today: 24 (I do roll over)
All - 93
Total contacts: 5127
Does this give you any more insight?
10-24-2010 06:26 AM
Update on History and Activities.
In the source db I had added an activity called "-Call" so I could schedule phone calls with additional results than are available on the standard "call" activity. For example, I added "DNLVM" and "Sent eMail instead".
I attempted to edit the name and received an error message, "Index was out of renge. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name index". I cancelled out and could no longer see any history nor could see anything in the drop down for history types.
12-14-2010 11:42 AM
I've been having similar issues and may have a partial solution.
I converted an ACT 6 db to ACT 12 Premium on an XP Pro machine, having read that someone had problems with Win7. This worked fine.
Backed up and converted from ACT 12 to ACT 13 on a Win 7 PC - still good and all the histories and activities types came over.
However, the old database contained over 700 unwanted user defined fields so I needed to export the contacts records from the old ACT 13 database to a new ACT 13 database which didn't have all the extra unwanted fields.
I exported the user records from the old to the new database (as contacts) and used these contacts to create new user records in the new database so that activity and history associations would be preserved.
I then exported the contacts from the old ACT 13 db to the new ACT 13 db. The export worked - the mapped field came over and unwanted, unmapped fields ignored.
However, on history tab, the activity types were gone and no history records came over. I tried repairing & reindexing, but no help.
Started over with a new ACT 13 database. Incidentally, this was a copy of an ACT 12 Premium databse which had been highly customized. In ACT 12, I saved a copy as ACT 12 Standard and then converted this to ACT 13.
I exported from the old ACT 13 db to this new ACT 13 db. The activity types were preservered, but no history records came over. I tried rerunning the export many times trying different setting in the Contacts Merge function in the export wizard.
The settings in the attached jpg seem to have worked.