Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener
dcparris
Message 1 of 5 (2,999 Views)

Back up errors

I am with frustrated on ACT, I have never had the problems like I have since I upgraded to 10.0. Now I can not back up, still have not been able to sync and now I can not open any of my DB on my laptop, they were fine last night. Also can not find the help files.

ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199 is my current version

Wanted to back up so I can uninstall ACT and go back to square 1 agian, this would be the third time I have done this.

Here is the message

"The Following error occured during backup. The backup was canceled.

operating system error 5(access is denied).
BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
PRC_MAINT_BACKUPDB: ERROR EXECUTING DATABASE BACKUP STATEMENT

This error is on my desktop, running VISTA for Business. My laptop where I cannot open any database now is same version but runnining VISTA Home Premium.

A any help would be appreciated.

I use to be pretty good with ACT, but this V10 has turned out to be a real pain for me. I am not real tecky, own a small business and a one man show. I signed up on this because I have had so many problems, and seems like many others are also.

Please use plain text.
Nickel Super Contributor
Tdavis
Message 2 of 5 (2,991 Views)

Re: Back up errors

Navigate to \\OfficePC\theparrisgroup2008-databasefiles\backup\ and see if theres a file called officepc_theparrisgroup2008_D20080214T171846.BAK

if there is then deletre it and try again

Tom
Please use plain text.
Tuned Listener
dcparris
Message 3 of 5 (2,982 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions, I did not find that file. I did find 2 other BAK files. Deleted them.

Finally got my laptop to open my db, I backed my db again.

Went to my desktop and deleted all db, uninstalled Act removed all folders, rebooted, shut down antivirus, spyware etc. closed all processes that I could get away with and reinstalled act and the update. Removed all SQL and reinstalled. Restored my backup and everything is stable now. I can back up and save a copy of DB.

Did the same thing for my Laptop and it seems stable also.

Still have not tried to synch yet. I only synch from desktop to laptop and back. Seems like it should be easy. I won't worry about my palm yet.

Thanks again,

Dave

Please use plain text.
gharrison
Message 4 of 5 (2,902 Views)

I too am having a backup problem that says cannot open backup device'c:\documents and settings\greg\My Documents\Act\Act for Windows 10\databases\foundationSIHB-database files\backup\\SIHB_Foundation_D20080226T153153.BAK' Operation system error 5(Access denied) PRC_MAINT_BACKUPDB:ERROR EXECUTING DATABASE BACKUP STATEMENT Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Greg Harrison Seattle
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 5 of 5 (2,783 Views)

gharrison wrote:
I too am having a backup problem that says cannot open backup device'c:\documents and settings\greg\My Documents\Act\Act for Windows 10\databases\foundationSIHB-database files\backup\\SIHB_Foundation_D20080226T153153.BAK' Operation system error 5(Access denied) PRC_MAINT_BACKUPDB:ERROR EXECUTING DATABASE BACKUP STATEMENT Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Greg Harrison Seattle

Try this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/26frys
Please use plain text.