Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
david
Message 11 of 14 (5,759 Views)

Re: Anyone!!! can ACT import or export datas from microsoft excel

Hi Mike

You are up late!

Sounds like there are a couple of bits I missed.

The UI implied to me that I could only map to one table at a time, with some automatic population of related tables but restricted mapping. Did I misunderstand?

Inaport allows you to map to as many different tables as required, and specify the type of operation for each table (create, update, create and update, match only). So you can, for example, match on company, update contacts, and create history in a simgle operation.

The data transformation capabilities look very restricted to me, but that is probably my unfamiliarity.

I did not see anything about running it as a service in the UI or help, which is why I missed it. Is it possible to specify which map or set of maps to run, and schedule?

I would agree with your implied sentiment - Inaport for ACT will probably be overkill for many users, but for those that need the capabilities, I do not think the price will be a major issue.

As noted, happy to provide a web demo if you are interested. Be interested to get your feedback.

Regards

Dvid Evans
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 12 of 14 (5,757 Views)

It can depend on the structure of the data to import to multiple tables at the same time

The service is a seperate install... run setup again and it's towards the bottom
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
david
Message 13 of 14 (5,743 Views)

I forgot to mention that there is a movie demonstrating Inaport importing data into a custom entity associated with a contact.
The demonstration matches on the contact, creatign a new one if necessary, then creates a custom entity associated with the contact. The custom entity is the insurance policy example from the 10.0.2 beta. Inaport will discover custom entities at run time, and allow yu to map to them.

Regards

David Evans
Please use plain text.
Tuned Listener
Linda
Message 14 of 14 (2,239 Views)

Hi,

I got all the messages regarding export-import ACT from microsoft excel, thanks for all

i made it, sorry..didn't reply the response 

Anyway..thanks

linda

Please use plain text.