Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener
Linda
Message 1 of 14 (11,158 Views)

Anyone!!! can ACT import or export datas from microsoft excel

Dear all,

I'm start using ACT, and all the data I have is excell format
Can I import it to my ACT automatically ?
Can I export ACT data to excell ?
And
Can the ACT datas updated automatically??

thanks
linda
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 2 of 14 (11,141 Views)

Re: Anyone!!! can ACT import or export datas from microsoft excel

Please use plain text.
Tuned Listener
Linda
Message 3 of 14 (11,117 Views)

Dear mike,

thanks for your information
Now I already moved my data from .CSV file to ACT!
I found that the address wasn't incomplete, the file merging didn't move all the data I had in CSV file, especially address data
exp :
.CSV file : abcdefghijkl
ACT! file : abcdef........ (parts of data lost)

reply me soon
thanks
linda
Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 4 of 14 (11,631 Views)
Please use plain text.
Tuned Listener
Linda
Message 5 of 14 (12,119 Views)

I can't find the answer for my problem

any practical answer?
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
david
Message 6 of 14 (12,110 Views)

Hi Linda

Not sure if you are able to consider a third party option. If you are, you could use Inaport for ACT!, which will let you match on contacts and import any data directly from Excel (no need to export the data to CSV)

Inaport will also let you import into other areas in ACT!, such as history and opportunities.

Any questions please ask, or contact us direct on info@inaplex.com.

Regards

David Evans
Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 7 of 14 (12,069 Views)
Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 8 of 14 (12,065 Views)

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
david
Message 9 of 14 (12,060 Views)

Hi Mike

Fair question. I was not familiar with itImport, so I downloaded and had a look. Obviously this does not make me an expert on it, so I am reluctant to make too many comments. It looks like a good application for its intended purpose, but based on what I can see the answer to your question is "yes". A brief summary of Inaport for ACT capabilities:

1. Inaport can pull data from any ODBC compliant data source, or text files. You can use SQL SELECT to join tables, use WHERE clauses, and the SQL can be parameterized. For example, pull sales orders from the accounting system with a create date greater than the date of the last import.

2. Data Transformation. Inaport has an extensive range of specialized functions for transforming and reshaping data: splitting and combining fields, extracting data from badly formatted fields, changing data types (e.g. convert string to date or vice versa). It also has full support for regular expressions which let you do anything imaginable to text.

3. Mapping - Inaport lets you match and update mutliple table in a single operation e.g. update Company, Contact and History in a single import

4. Matching - Inaport lets you match on any field or combination of fields, and you can use expressions to extract portions of fields e.g. company name plus phone area code. It also supports normalisation of company names (lower case, strip white space, strip noise words such as pty ltd, inc, incorporated, gmbh,...). Finally it has Fuzzy Matching - a scoring based system that lets you match mis-spelt terms (e.g. InaPlex and Innerplex)

5. Manageability - Inaport allows job to be scheduled (it is an external app, not part of the ACT UI) provides detailed log files of the run

So in summary, the following scenario would be straightforward in Inaport:

Pull account and sales order data from an accounting system running on SQL server, and transform the numeric fiedls into currency format strings, modify the date fields to a useful format, match on a user field in Company, update company with a running YTD total, update history with the sales order, and update a custom entity with the sales details. Set this up to run unattended at 2am every night, with a full log fle to be viewed in the morning, detailing how many records processed, tables updated, and details of each record excluded with the reason why.

Of course, it could alos be used to import an Excel list of leads into Company and Contact, with fuzzy match on the company name and a secondary match on the person last name and phone number.

As a bit of background - Inaport has been used in the SalesLogix and SageCRM world for years, both for initial data load of the new systems with disparate enterprise data, and ongoing integration between front office and back office.

HTH. Happy to answer any questions, or provide a demo if you are interested.

Reagrds

David Evans
Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 10 of 14 (12,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
FYI:
1. itimport will do CSV, TXT, XLS or SQL data sources
2. it can put a string in a date field and some data manipulations, concat, etc
3. Same - Contacts, Companies/Division, Groups/Subgroups, Secondary Contacts, Activities, Notes, Histories, Opportunities, Attached files, Picture fields. Will even create Companies or Groups on the fly and link contacts or create activities for follow up by appropriate record manager
4. Does most of it, but not Fuzzy
5. Has an option to run as a service

I'll try and get the time to have a look at inaport and compare it and see if it has some functions that might be worth the additional cost for some users.

Message Edited by GLComputing on 03-29-2008 11:45 PM
Please use plain text.