Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Alarm Error

Alarm Error

Hi,

When I try to select all alarms and then click GoTo I get an error message (see attachment)

I am using ver 11 of ACT and this problem has not happened in previous versions.

ACT Alarm error message.jpg

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Alarm Error

What is the Windows version?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Windows 7 Home Premium

64 bit OS

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi dgreen,

Act! 2009 (v11) is not officially supported on Windows 7, so this could be the cause of the issue here. You can find full compatibility listings here: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29767

You say that the problem has not happened in previous versions. Has it ever worked for you with Act! 2009 on Windows 7?

Hi Gary,

This feature has never worked on a windows 7 machine.

It seems strange that the feature exists in this version with all the same options but it doesn't function properly.

why would it give you the option to 'select all' and 'go to'  if it then prevents you from actually doing this?

The reason I had to get this version was because when I upgraded my PC (which had XP ) to a windows 7 laptop , version 6 wouldn't install on it.

Administrator

It's possible that the "Go To" button works when running Act! 2009 on a supported version of Windows, but experiences an issue on later unsupported versions.

I can't guarantee what the expected behaviour for the "Go To" button is on Act! 2009 due to it's age, but I can tell you that in current versions of Act!, the button does perform a lookup of the Contacts scheduled with the activities selected, and does allow for the selection and lookup of multiple activities and types.

I would recommend that you upgrade Act! to a supported version for your operating system.

That's all well and good but I can't really justify £200+ for anew version just to get a feature working again.
It seems very strange that I have installed the software successfully (having been recommended it by an ACT! representative specifically for windows 7) and everything else works fine but this feature should mysteriously become unavailable.
There must be a cheaper and easier way to get this working otherwise it seems extremely unfair and expensive to rectify it.
Highlighted
Administrator

I'm not sure why you have been recommended to use an unsupported version of Act! on an operating system that it's not compatible with, but I would suggest you consider upgrading due to other issues that could arise from using Act! in an incompatible configuration.

There are some general troubleshooting steps that you could test with to try and better understand the issue:

• Does the same error occur when selecting only two or three of the same type of activities and clicking the "Go To" button?
  • Does the issue occur on any other databases (i.e. the demo database or a new database)?
  • Does the issue occur when using another Windows account, or on any other PC's running the software?

The error still occurs when selecting 2 or 3 activities
The issue occurs with the demo and new databases
The issue occurs when using another windows account or on any other PC running the software
Administrator

Hi dgreen,

Thanks for the update.
Knowing this, it would appear that this is not an environmental issue, but rather a compatibility issue with the software and the OS.