Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Rick @ WSC
Message 1 of 5 (4,087 Views)

Act UnInstall

Hi All

I am trying to uninstall act2010.  Uninstalled the program via the control panel.  I deleted program files and the SQL file.  When I go to reinstall the program it is still finding an older version.  I have searched my hard drive and can't find any other files.  Is there anyone that can suggest where this is hiding?

Thanks

Rick

Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 5 (4,083 Views)

Re: Act UnInstall

[ Edited ]

Hello Rick,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Is the install finding an older version of ACT! or of SQL?

If ACT!:

- Try using the ACT! Uninstaller utility. This can be found in KB Article 19338. This is brute uninstall utility, so be sure to follow the instructions exactly. If using the unistaller utility does not resolve, then you will need to do a manual removal of ACT! 2010, per the instructions in KB Article 25179

If SQL:

You will need to do a manual removal of the ACT! instance of SQL, per the instructions in KB Article 23401.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Rick @ WSC
Message 3 of 5 (4,047 Views)

Hi Greig

Thanks for the quick reply. The program is stating that it is finding an older version.  I tried both these articles already.

The Act unistaller reads "You must be a member of administrators to continue.  The uninstaller will close now" I am the administrator on my computer so I'm not sure what more I can do

The SQL - as far as I can tell I did everything correctly and I don't see the files anymore

Rick

Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 4 of 5 (4,042 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you are using WIndows Vista or Windows 7, then this can be caused by User Account Control (UAC). Please see either KB Article 20220 (Vista) or KB Article 25665 (Windows 7) for instructions to disable UAC.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Rick @ WSC
Message 5 of 5 (4,029 Views)

Thank-you.  I worked on that all morning

Thanks again

Rick