Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

When i attempt to synchronize contacts.  Error message: "ACT.Integration stops working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly...."  

Outlook Sync Errors:  Unable to retrieve all snyc sets.  Unable to get Group Dynamic Criteria. An attempt was made to access the framework without having logged on to ta database.      Exception and Source are  Act.Framework.  

The failure occurs after the 'getting contacts from ACT" completes and at the the beginning of 'getting contacts from Outlook' in the ACT! Integration Progress pop up.  Tried ID#29627.  Searched for other solution and found none to solve this problem.  

The Calendar Sync DOES work, so the two programs can communicate.

Windows 10.  Office365ProPlus / Outlook 2016.  

ACT v.18.2.53.0 Update 2  running on local machine.  Same issue occurred on prior version so upgraded to get compatibility w/windows 10 per salesman.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Administrator

Re: Act.Integration has stopped working when sync Outlook Contacts

Hi jgentsch,

Are you running both Act and Outlook as administrator in Windows?
Could you try testing the contact sync with a new Act database containing a few test contacts, and a new Outlook profile?

Running both in admin mode didn't change the result.  Tried quickly opening and syncing another small database and it didn't work either.  Don't have time to try a new profile-will have to look at that next week.

Sync between ACT and Outlook Calendars is still working fine.

We just installed the latest version of ACT and are receiving the same errors and experiencing the same issues.

On a 2-way Sync of contacts we get the ACT.Integration has stopped working AFTER it reads the ACT contacts and just as it's starting on the Outlook contacts (Office 365, current version).

Tried a 1-way Sync of contacts and received the following:

The exception unknown software exception 0xe0434352 occurred in the application at location 0x000000007631A732.

Administrator

Hi worldwidegaming,

Please could you try the troubleshooting steps I suggested above, and let us know the outcomes?

Ran in Admin mode - same errors.

Same errors when using included sample database.

Calendar syncs 2-way just fine.

Have not created a new Outlook profile (too much work on remote exchange server with limited licenses under time restraints)

Administrator

Hi worldwidegaming,

This is usually caused by the integration coming across some data it can't handle and causing it to error and crash. Since the issue continues on the demo DB, this would suggest that the Outlook profile contains some incompatible data.

Testing with a new Outlook profile would help us confirm if this is the case. This can be done by creating a new local user on Windows, then creating a local outlook profile by using some dummy pop3 or IMAP mailbox settings.

If the issue persists on the new Outlook profile, I would suggest removing Act completely and reinstalling Act and then Office.

The PC this is running on is only 2 weeks old with a fresh install of Win10, Office365, and ACT.  Doubtful that a time consuming reinstall of everything would make any difference whatsoever.  Most likely it's related to the large list of contacts being used - which I cannot change - or that we're on a remote EXCHANGE server and not IMAP or SMTP/POP.

I hope this will be helpful.  I had the same problem yesterday (using ACT! for web v18).  According to ACT! tech support, the problem occurred when Microsoft updated Office.  The issue has something to do with "order of installation."  While I'm not a tech and I don't recall everything the tech said, I do recall that ACT! has to be installed after Office.  Actually, the tech support person identified the correct order for three (I vaguely recall) programs, but I only specifically remember ACT! and Outlook.  Anyway, to resolve the problem, ACT! support uninstalled ACT! (remember to back up your data first!) and then reinstalled it.  It was that "simple."

That's something I can give a shot...