Copper Contributor
larrykelly
Message 1 of 9 (647 Views)

Act 2012: Can't Create Database

I have just downloaded and installed (and reinstalled a couple of times) Act 2012.  I am opening as Administrator.  All SQL files seem to be set to automatic (some were marked as disabled upon initial installation).  But I cannot create a database.  The message I am receiving is: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." 

Does anyone have a solution?

Please use plain text.
TaccaraLanay
Message 2 of 9 (562 Views)

Re: Act 2012: Can't Create Database

I am having this same issue. I'm ready to uninstall and cancel my order. It's taken me 2 days to install this program and it's driving me NUTS! Anyone at SAGE able to fix this bug?

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
larrykelly
Message 3 of 9 (556 Views)

Good luck. I have never received an email reply from anyone at Act, nor any response from Act in this forum. I have given up. Please let me know if you ever find a solution.
Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 4 of 9 (551 Views)

Are you able to open the ACT! Demo database?  If no, what message are you receiving when you try?

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
larrykelly
Message 5 of 9 (548 Views)

No. It does not appear on the list in the window to open/create a database. The window is empty.
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 6 of 9 (536 Views)

Have you successfully registered/activated the software? Also, what operating system is your computer using?

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
larrykelly
Message 7 of 9 (529 Views)

Software is registered/activated. OS is Windows 7. I have installed on 2 computers. One has Win7 Home; the other has Win7 Pro. Same issue on both machines.
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 8 of 9 (527 Views)

Try disabling User Account Control (requires a reboot). Instructions are in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.
tenglishman
Message 9 of 9 (382 Views)

I am experiencing this same issue. I am manually creating all my company names to create a group, but when I do this there will be no address and phone number associated with the group. If I could make group from contact it would automatically fill in all these fields and save a LOT of work!

Please use plain text.