Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
larrykelly
Message 1 of 9 (884 Views)

Act 2012: Can't Create Database

I have just downloaded and installed (and reinstalled a couple of times) Act 2012.  I am opening as Administrator.  All SQL files seem to be set to automatic (some were marked as disabled upon initial installation).  But I cannot create a database.  The message I am receiving is: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." 

Does anyone have a solution?

TaccaraLanay
Message 2 of 9 (799 Views)

Re: Act 2012: Can't Create Database

I am having this same issue. I'm ready to uninstall and cancel my order. It's taken me 2 days to install this program and it's driving me NUTS! Anyone at SAGE able to fix this bug?

Copper Contributor
larrykelly
Message 3 of 9 (793 Views)

Good luck. I have never received an email reply from anyone at Act, nor any response from Act in this forum. I have given up. Please let me know if you ever find a solution.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 4 of 9 (788 Views)

Are you able to open the ACT! Demo database?  If no, what message are you receiving when you try?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor
larrykelly
Message 5 of 9 (785 Views)

No. It does not appear on the list in the window to open/create a database. The window is empty.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 6 of 9 (773 Views)

Have you successfully registered/activated the software? Also, what operating system is your computer using?

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Copper Contributor
larrykelly
Message 7 of 9 (766 Views)

Software is registered/activated. OS is Windows 7. I have installed on 2 computers. One has Win7 Home; the other has Win7 Pro. Same issue on both machines.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 8 of 9 (764 Views)

Try disabling User Account Control (requires a reboot). Instructions are in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

tenglishman
Message 9 of 9 (619 Views)

I am experiencing this same issue. I am manually creating all my company names to create a group, but when I do this there will be no address and phone number associated with the group. If I could make group from contact it would automatically fill in all these fields and save a LOT of work!