Message 92 of 184 (2,765 Views)

Re: Act 2011 is SLOW

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
Double
Message 93 of 184 (2,714 Views)

I don't know if this helps anyone but I ran the Analyze Wait Chain when Act is hung up (clicking on an activity after having clicked on an email address in Act). 

In Resource Monitor, ActSage.exe did indeed turn red.  At that time, I right-clicked the process and selected Analyze Wait Chain.  It said the following:

One or more threads of ActSage.exe are waiting to finish network I/O.

The odd thing is that it always says this.  Even after I restart Act and the unresponsiveness is not present and I haven't touched Act for several minutes it says this. 

Please use plain text.
candyman8888
Message 94 of 184 (2,713 Views)

Thanks for that reply.  I'm back to work after the holiday and am waiting for the inevitable slow-down to run the tool  It sounds like it doesn't really give us anything we can work with.

-Mark

Please use plain text.
boomer9072
Message 95 of 184 (2,629 Views)

Glad to see I'm not the only one having this very same issue.  We just started running act 2011 on a terminal server -  win server 2008R2 64 and office 2010 - 8 employees using remote desktop conections.  The issue certainly seems to stem around Acts integration with outlook.  When enabled activities lock up the minute you send an email as described earlier in the thread.  As soon as outlook is disabled as the email program all problems go away.  The short term work arounds are great but the problem needs to be fixed.  We used email merges quite frequently to touch our customer base with our previous act version and outlook 2003, but now can not do so since in order to do anything the outlook integration needs to be disabled.  I had not seen any posts since 1/3 so I thought I would ask if there have been any new developments in other forum areas?

Thanks in advance

Jeff Boomer

Please use plain text.
candyman8888
Message 96 of 184 (2,616 Views)

Nothing new here. I think the program is clearly flawed. We are testing the new version of Outlook Business Contact Manager 2010. It seems to have alot of potential. Free with Office Pro Plus. We have bought and upgraded Act since version 5.0. There doesn't seem to be a fix or much in the knowledgebase. It is going to drive us to find another solution.
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
Double
Message 97 of 184 (2,609 Views)

As someone who has provided technical support to high-tech industries for many years, I understand how important customers perception is.  Regardless of how diligently Sage may be working on this issue, the users have every reason to believe the problem is being ignored when they hear nothing.  Updates of progress, that the issue has been duplicated or even reasons why progress has not been made are better than hearing nothing.  The logical conclusion drawn from unresponsiveness is that you and your issue are being ignored.

No one is justified in expecting perfection and bug free products.  Your customers are justified however in expecting diligence in fixing problems when they arise.  The technical issue discussed in this thread is not new and it's not isolated.  In my particular case, Sage technical support (I pay extra for high-end enterprise support) saw the issue on 12/8, agreed it was a problem and said it would be escalated and addressed.  I have heard nothing since then. 

Problems, within reason, I can deal with.  Unresponsiveness I cannot.  If Sage does not care to address bugs in their product, I simply will not purchase Sage products. 

To those on this forum who have offered suggestions and tried to dig deeper into this issue, I offer my thanks.

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
dbish
Message 98 of 184 (2,591 Views)

I couldn't agree more. I paid $175 or so to upgrade and now the program is so slow as to be nearly unusable. I say nearly because I have no choice but to continue trying to use it because I'm so heavily invested in it as my contact manager.

Please Sage - we need a solution!

My 2 cents....

Dan

Please use plain text.
IanLyons555
Message 99 of 184 (2,549 Views)

A glimmer of hope maybe. I have done some more research and have subsequently uninstalled a microsoft Outlook patch. it is KB2412171. It is known to cause outlook to be slow. Seems to have solved my problem.  If not you can always re install the patch.  Good luck hope it work for you to.

Ian

Please use plain text.
candyman8888
Message 100 of 184 (2,546 Views)

The problem for most of the people in this is that ACT becomes unreasonably slow (perceived by some as locking up) in the calendar and task portions. And that it becomes increasingly slow over time, until a reboot is needed. I think your response, while appreciated doesn't address Act becoming unresponsive. Please tell me if I am wrong, because we'd love to find an out for the several reboots a day we have to do on certain users machines.
Please use plain text.