Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
craig.reese
Message 11 of 22 (3,088 Views)

Re: Act 2011 Pro - Outlook 2010 - Calendar syncs fine - Contacts don't at all

READ THIS...

I just finished a marathon call with Tech Support. After trying a number of fixes, we found one that worked.

• Close ACT! and Outlook
  • Navigate to the "ACT Data" folder
  • (Win 7 = C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT Data)
  • (Windows XP = C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\ACT\ACT Data)
  • Rename the folder called "Outlook Sync" to "Outlook Sync Old"
  • Restart ACT!
  • Navigate to Tools/Synchronize with Outlook/Outlook Synchronization Preferences
  • Click on the Synchronize Contacts tab and follow the instructions to sync.

This will rebuild the folder where this information is kept.

Please use plain text.
chanskat
Message 12 of 22 (3,085 Views)

Interesting workaround for an obvious problem in Act!

I have a couple of questions:

1. Did your Outlook Contacts have Email Distribution Lists?

2. If so, how did those look in Act! or was Act! smart enough to ignore them?

Glad you got up and running.

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
craig.reese
Message 13 of 22 (3,083 Views)

No, I don't think I had any distributions lists. We use outlook exchange hosted in our HQ and I don't personally use any distribution lists. If there are, it ignored them.
Please use plain text.
chanskat
Message 14 of 22 (3,071 Views)

Thanks for the update. Since your sync problem didn't involve distribution lists I suspect the presence of any distribution lists in Outlook contacts will still kill the contact sync. Just a heads up for anyone else running into this type of problem.

Please use plain text.
eliasntobias
Message 15 of 22 (2,968 Views)

try

TOOLS

DATABASE MAINTENANCE

CHECK AND REPAIR         ----->>>> ALLL THE TIME I HAVE THE ERROR THAT IT FAILED !!! AND SOME TIMES IT WORKS

Act 2011 sync with outlook 2010 works only "by grace" !!!!!

AND sage SUPPORT DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO

they keep sending the robotic email that the problem was solved and it we do not respond within 48hrs the case will be closed, WELL I GAVE UP RESPONDING TO THOSE BECAUSE THEY DO NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is very DISSAPOINTING is like the sell HALF the product and do NOT tell you if you DO NOT PAY for support they will NOT send the rest of the product you will be able to do OUR WORK whatever it is without having TO WASTE LOTS OF HOURS WORKING TO BETA TEST THEIR PRODUCT  NOT ONLY FOR FREE BUT GIVING THEM OUR MONEY TO WORK FOR THEM !!!!!!!!!!! 

Please use plain text.
electrickid
Message 16 of 22 (2,963 Views)

I feel exactly the same way you do.

Please use plain text.
Jeremy_Strickland
Message 17 of 22 (2,898 Views)

Hi,

I'm new to the Sage Community. My system is Win 7 32-bit, Outlook 2010, Act Pro 2011. RAM: 4 GB, Core 2 Quad 2.33 Ghz

I am a stand alone user, so no distribution to other people, and no server. 

I have the same problem. ACT will not sync contacts with Outlook 2010. Which was my reason up graded from Act 2009 to Act 2011.... very disappointing, especially if I have to pay for support.

Also it makes Outlook very slow when moving new outgoing emails to the outbox before sending, and it leaves the sent message open, when has to be closed manually. This is all annoying... So much so that I tried to disable the Act Add-in, but that makes Outlook freeze (I have done: File>Options>Add-Ins>'COM Add-ins' (Go)>Un-check 'ACT! Outlook AddIn'>OK = Freeze!!). Is there another way to disable the add-in?

Please use plain text.
Albee7
Message 18 of 22 (1,888 Views)

I deleted  the old sync folder and it worked! Wow. Whether it continues to work remains to be seen.

Did get some duplication of few calendar events in Act. I guess I had some entries from a previous sync.

By the by, Campanionlink Pro does also do the job and will sync tasks and notes. $129. Download a trial here:

http://www.companionlink.com/

Please use plain text.
rschleger
Message 19 of 22 (1,512 Views)

I'm having the same problems with ACT 2011 pro, but have tried all the fixes listed here.  None seem to work.  Contacts appear to start syncing -- shows getting act contacts, then gettting outlook contacts, then progress bar moves about half way, then seems to hang.  No contacts synced.  I'm using outlook 2007 with exchange server so I'm synching with an OST file.  I've read that Act 2011 may not support synching with OST files, but it sounds as though some have gotten the sync to work using exchange.  Can anyone confirm this? 

This is a new install and I've tried a fresh install twice just to be sure something didn't go wrong in the process.  Guess my next step is to try out my free 30 day install support, but I'm dreading a 3 hour phone call.

Please use plain text.
bdarling
Message 20 of 22 (1,329 Views)

We have been trying for months to fix our ACT 2011 Calendar synchronization with Outlook 2010 (both running under terminal services 2008R2).  Finally this has fixed it!  Why can't this information be more readily available?  Cudos to Craig for hanging in there until he found the answer.

Please use plain text.