Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
kverschoor
Message 1 of 4 (4,965 Views)

Act 2010 and Outlook 2010 Issues

I have searched and read everything on this topic.  I have followed the instructions for the fix.  Outllook now shows up as the email service in Act.  But Act does not work within Outlook.  The add in file shows up in Outlook, but nothing else is there.  And I can not add Act address book as it does not show up as an option in Outlook.  Please tell me what to do next

Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 2 of 4 (4,866 Views)

Re: Act 2010 and Outlook 2010 Issues

The integration between Act! and Outlook has 2 distinct pieces (Act! email setup and Outlook Address Book).  With Act! showing Outlook as the email program, can you click on an email within the Act! database and successfully create an Outlook email message? 

Without the Act! address book added to Outlook, it will not record history back to the database.  Assuming you are able to create an email and if Act! is not showing as an option within the Outlook Address Book options, the 2 most likely causes are: 1. Office was installed after Act!, or 2. your anti-virus software may have blocked it during installation.  Try uninstalling Act!, disabling your Anti-virus software (or restart in Selective Startup) > and install Act!. 

Note: Do not remove the Microsoft SQL program.

Here is an article with steps for restarting in Selective Startup: KB Article 14173.

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
kverschoor
Message 3 of 4 (4,806 Views)

Yes Outlook 2010 was installed after Act.  I installed the 30 day trail of ACT 2011.  My time messing with this is worth more than the $130 upgrade.  I have installed the upgrade and ran the sync for both contacts and calendar.  This is all that shows up in my Outllook Add-in menu.  I do not see anyway to attach an email to a contact's history.  How does one do this?  I searched the help and it says this can be done through the "Actions" menu.  I do not see any such menu in Outlook 2010.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 4 of 4 (4,800 Views)

Have you gone through the Act! email system setup and chosen Act! > then added the Act! address book to Outlook (part of the email system setup). 

Article with steps for setting this up: KB Article 26832

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.