Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
vthokie88
Message 1 of 3 (2,843 Views)

Act 2009 Synchronization Problem

Recently installed 3 licensed versions on computers for our company.  They are all independent computers not on the same network.  The first installation was on a Vista machine, and the others were on a vista machine and a XP machine.  Converted a database from Version 6 on the first install, and then created a remote database, put it on a flash drive, and unpacked and restored the remote database to get the database on the other 2 computers.  Have had people working on all the machines and we need to sync.  What do I do next?  I created another remote database to sync with the other computers, but cannot restore database (doesn't give me the choice) on the computer.  I also don't want to lose the data on the second computer.  When I try to synchronize now, I get an error that it can't connect to the server.  This was so much easier in Act 6.  I need a tutorial.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Nickel Super Contributor
dshaw111
Message 2 of 3 (2,813 Views)

Re: Act 2009 Synchronization Problem

Have you looked at the Feature Tour in ACT!?.  Help|Feature Tours|Synchronizing.  Only problem is that the link appears to be broken!!

David Shaw
ACT! Consultant for over 20 years
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
vthokie88
Message 3 of 3 (2,803 Views)

Re: Act 2009 Synchronization Problem

I had gotten as far as the tutorial covered.  Now that I have synced with a remote computer and they have made changes, how do I get their data back to the main database.  When I try, I get an error that it cannot access sync server.  Then, when I want to role out the team's changes, do I need to synchronize again using create remote database?  The help files just aren't clear once you get past the upacking the remote database.
Please use plain text.