Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT IP address "" could not be resolved.

Astute Commentator

ACT IP address "" could not be resolved.

The computer could not be reached! because the IP address could not be resolved. Verifying the computer is available on  the network, that it has the corred IP address, and that  Microsoft SQl Server is property installed may resolve this  issue.      

I have called ACT Support several times. I keep getting the error message above. ACT Support keeps changing the settings for MSSQL$ACT7, yet I keep having to start it manually. Support keeps setting it to start automatically, but it never seems to take. What is going on?

Strangely sometimes it will start for several days and then it happens again.

Have to turn on MSSQL$ACT7 to get it to work.

Astute Commentator

Re: ACT IP address "" could not be resolved.

This IP address problem continues.

Each time I start ACT I have to go to CONTROL, ALT, DELETE, START TASK MANAGER, SERVICES, and then go find MSSQL$ACT7 and start it manually.

ACT Support has taken control of my computer and has set MSSQL$ACT7 to start automatically several times. No seems to be able to solve this problem.

Any ideas?

Astute Commentator

I cannot find the location to change these MSSQL$ACT7 SQLAgent$ACT7 from stopped to start automatically. I can go to CONTROL, ALT, DELETE and turn it on and off but can't find where to reset it's properties.

Why won't ACT! 16 work on my laptop?  I keep getting this message error.  Isn't Microsoft's SQL Server included somewhere in Act! or Windows 7?   Help please!

Copper Contributor

If you call yourself "poweruser" you should know how to configure the startup type of a windows service.

Besides that, Microsoft recommends NOT to use de services.msc to configure SQL Server services. Use the SQL Server Configuration Manager (search for sql config on the start menu). There you should be able to find your ACT7 instance, doubleclick it, tab "service", set Start Mode to automatic. If it still does not start automatically, then you might check, if this setting is reset to manual. If so, you should find out, what's causing this.

I think you have me confused with somebody else with the moniker 'poweruser' cuz that ain't me!  Use of bad English intended.

I don't know anything other than ACT! 16 does not want to work on my laptop running Windows 7.0 Pro  Can you kindly guide me thru the fix for this issue?

Thanks,

DUHwhat

Copper Contributor

Sorry, I was referring to the OP, he calls himself poweruser. Did not realize that his post was so long ago.

By default, the ACT installer also installs SQL server with the correct configuration, so there are no worries, but as you're asking, if SQL Server wasn't included with ACT I guess SQL server wasn't installed.

So check under "control panel / uninstall a program" if there is "Microsoft SQL Server" installed.

On the start menu you should also find a program called "SQL Server Configuration Manager" (use the start menu's search box!)

This tool lists all your installed SQL Server instancec. ACT needs a named SQL Server instace. The name has to be "ACT7".

This service and also to SQL Server Browser should run.

If there are no SQL Server services, then you might just try to reinstall ACT and choose to install the SQL Server.

You don't mention at all if it was ever running and stopped working or if it never ran on your notebook

Thank you!   when I searched Windows updates under .Net Framework 4.5.1, two of the same files were present KB2858725, so I uninstalled both thinking the confusion or error was here.   After removing both I went to Windows automatic update, it came back with two important updates to download.  One loaded, the other did not... same error 643 message.

I ran utility Advanced System Care 8.1, made repairs and restarted, went to Windows Update to try again >>> same results.

Under "View Update History"  I see many Failed Important updates, most have to do with Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime, plus two Security Updates for March 12, 2015.

Security Update .Net Framework 4.5.1 and .2 Error Code 80070002

I have restarted again, gone to Windows Update, had two Important Updates, tried to update but got same ERRORS 643 and 80070002  Urrrgh!  Frustration growing here!  ;-)

Trying to fix this has been exasperating agony!  Microsoft Support SUCKS!  I have tried about every way possible to clear these errors that I am not sure prevent ACT! 16 from working on my computer.

Will I likely have this problem IF I go ahead and upgrade to Windows 8.1?

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Delete the PAD file and open the ADF file.  It will create a new PAD file and the new file will work.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!