Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 & Windows 8: phone dialog prompt everytime I run program

Re: ACT 2012 & Windows 8: phone dialog prompt everytime I run program

I would like to thank you fo this fix too. 

What you also have unwittingly done is fixed yet another bug that is evident in windows 8 using the dialer system

Any user on a windows 8 system creating or modifying telephone numbers creates a prefix set of numbers on the dialer applet.. goes something like 00 1 0 . This makes the dialer system redundant as you might as well just type the numbers in directly 

Doing this reg fix has sorted this infuriating bug too !! 

For clarification I'm referring to this issue ... http://community.act.com/t5/Act/Phone-Number-Issues-Dialler-and-US-prefix/td-p/51598

Again many thanks ! 

Copper Contributor

Hi o0timbo0o!

Thanks for the thanks! Smiley Happy

Never actually made use of the dialler functionality myself, but I suppose if this is another Windows 8 specific issue, it makes sense that ACT! would still be looking for that same registry key that changed.

I'm so happy to have helped!

Warm regards,

Simon.

Worked perfectly. Thanks!

Astute Commentator

Under Telephy, I don't have COUNTRY as an option.  I only have CARDS, HANDOFFPRIORITIES and LOCATIONS.  Please advise.

Copper Contributor

It sounds to me like you have gone into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER branch, rather than the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Astute Commentator

THANK YOU SIMON, AND THANK YOU NOMPHRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  worked perfectly!

You sir, are a legend.  That worked perfectly.

a simple fix to Windows Phone Dialog prompt

There is another way to fix this.  I had the same thing happen with another version.  Tech told me a file to delete, which i did, and everything was fine.  Problem is that i do not remember the name of the file.  I am using Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 1  with Windows 8.  I have gone into program files to see if there is a file with a name that i might associate with this, and do a trial delete, but cannot find any potential files. 

Simon, I too want to thank you for this fix for Windows 8.1.  I also want to second all those that have been critical of Sage's support. 

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Simon: A year and a half after your reg hack post -- but wanted to let you know that it works. Thanks!