Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 & Windows 8: phone dialog prompt everytime I run program

Astute Commentator

Re: ACT 2012 & Windows 8: phone dialog prompt everytime I run program - Many, many thanks!

[ Edited ]

A big thank you to you. Simon!

Your fix works.

This bug wasn't major but it was one of those little 'last straw' errors that would finally force us to look elsewhere after 13 years of poor maintenance support for ACT!  existing user base.

Your work is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sam

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 & Windows 8: phone dialog prompt everytime I run program - Many, many thanks!

Hello Simon,
Thank you for posting detailed instructions with the solution for this error. This was something we found when developing ACT! 2013 and fixed, but we did not address this for prior versions. I will publish an article in our Knowledgebase with this solution.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 & Windows 8: phone dialog prompt everytime I run program

KUDOS!

I also followed your detailed instructions and it worked great.

Now to worry for all those poor schmucks that fear tinkering with the registry (while I will tinker, I do try to avoid it).

And jeers to ACT! for not adding a fix in the install, once they realized this.  A knowledge base article is insufficient for something that impacts EVERY install of the product on a give operating system.

Thanks again!

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for these posts.  I had this problem with Premium 2013 and Windows8.   I got stuck on step 8 as I did not have a merge option when I right clicked on the edited registry key.  I am an administrator of the machine.  What I did instead was go back to the registry, click on the original registry key and imported the edited registry key.  It seemed to work.  Thanks again. 

~Marjorie

Wait... Sage knows about this - sorry, HAS - known about this - for some time, and yet they just sit there and expect users to hack their regisries in order to fix it?

That is one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard from a software company. Starting today I am looking for a new product. 

Astute Commentator

Hi Simon.  I tried to search the registry for the name you typed in your post but it did not find it.  any suggestions?

Tuned Listener

Nomphra,

Thanks for the info! Worked perfectly!

Bob Saathoff
Complete Tech Support
www.completetechsupport.com
ACT! Certified Consultant

Simon - help? This worked on my originally set WIN8 machine but now i've updated to WIN8.1 and the issue has re-arrisen. However, the help doesn't match anymore?

Your original key to look for is: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Country/region List

But now it stops matching at: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\

There is no Country/Region List, at least not in mine?

I looked thru the ones there but couldn't find anything similar - help?

I'm having the same issue as above. The Windows 8.1 registy has nothing called either "Country/region List" or "County List". Any ideas?

Copper Contributor

Hey there!

I'm running 8.1 too, and although the issue returned, I was able to locate the "Country/region List" key and export / rename / import.

For those of you who find you do not have this key, I've uploaded a pre-edited version of the reg file that you can download from my SkyDrive here: http://sdrv.ms/1iODalD

The file is "Country Import.zip". Inside the zip is a registry file that you can import directly which will create the key ACT! looks for.

Give it a try and let me know if you see any issues. I offer no guarantees, but see no reason why this shouldn't work for anyone who is missing the key. If anything odd happens as a result of importing this file, then you should be able to fix it by simply removing the imported key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Country List.

Best regards,

Simon.