Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2012 & Windows 8: phone dialog prompt everytime I run program

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2012 & Windows 8: phone dialog prompt everytime I run program

Hi Miles -

Please refer to Message 20 in this thread.
You can download the exported registry file from my OneDrive and import it.

The registry content doesn't really matter. As long as ACT! sees the required keys are there, it'll stop bugging you.

Best regards,
Simon.

Thank you, Simon.

"Please refer to Message 20 in this thread.
You can download the exported registry file from my OneDrive and import it."

I imported the registry file and everything is back to normal.

Copper Contributor

I am led to the conclusion that ACT is not really bothered about after sales support for customers who have previous editions of ACT.  They obviously want to generate more revenues on new versions and so their after sales support for older versions is absolutely pathetic.

These issues, as I see it, are fixable - all that ACT needs to do is liaise with Microsoft Corporation to ensure that their Windows updates or latest editions recognise the older versions of ACT to function efficiently just as the software did with older versions of Windows .

In my business I am highly dependent on the ACT database software (I have the Pro 2012 version) and really i dont need to buy the latest software.  For what my business demands, I have all the necessary tools in this edition for me to work.  All I am asking is that this edition is compatible with the latest updates of Windows.

Thanks,

Jay

Back in August, I posted that I followed Nomphra's instructions, although the exact path for my PC was slightly different and it worked.

So now Microsoft does a major update of Windows 10 and screwed things up for me again...sigh

Thanks Nomphra for posting the link in Post #20 for a downloadable file to update the registry...I am relieved once again from the annoying prompt.

Keeping that file in my Downloads folder as I'm sure Microsoft will do this to me again sometime in the near future. :/

Copper Contributor

absolutely worked for me...tx 

Highlighted

Wow.....Have been trying to fix this for ages on my Windows 8 computers........thanks so much works perfect!!