Midsomer
Message 1 of 5 (122 Views)

ACT! 2010 - Password Locked Out

How do I get fix/get around a situation where my program is now asking me for a user name and password, but won't accept the one's I've set up?  I added a new user, complete with password information, now the program is requiring me to input a user name and password just to access my database.  This has not been the case in the past.  Anyone experienced similar problems?  Help with resolving problem?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Nickel Elite Contributor
wellmet
Message 2 of 5 (115 Views)

Re: ACT! 2010 - Password Locked Out

Once you add a second user to a database the database requires you to log in.  Your login is probably your name with a blank password.  If that doesn't work try a few of the combinations that you might have made when you set it up for example with and without your last name, with and without a middle initial, etc.  You should be able to get it pretty easily.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to: www.act.com/acc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
www.adsprogramming.com
Please use plain text.
Midsomer
Message 3 of 5 (107 Views)

Does the program lock you out if you've tried several user/password combinations and won't accept any more entries whether they are correct or not? Or can you try as much as you like until it works? Thanks for the response.
Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 4 of 5 (105 Views)

Hello Midsomer,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It will not lock you out, you can try as many times as necessary.

If you are able to access the database with the second username you have added, you can check the name of the first user by accessing the contact record for the first user (the contact name field is most likely the same as the username).  Also, if the second username you added is Admin level, you can use the Tools > Manage Users option to view the username and reset the password. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
Midsomer
Message 5 of 5 (100 Views)

Thanks. I'll try your solutions.
Please use plain text.