Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
KEVINMAC
Message 1 of 40 (2,643 Views)

ACT! 2010 Download - Computer Crashed - Database is backed up - program isn't

Thanks for your help... my business and over 5000 contacts thanks you!

My computer crashed, I am recovering windows as we speak..i have databased backed up through Carbonite...however act! 2010 program is not...

I actually found my 2008  - Act! disc.... and then 2009 & 2010 I upgraded though website...I save all old e-mail theough backup e-mail and think I found activation and serial for act! 2010...

I only need the base program... can you help?

Thanks so much!

Kevin

Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 2 of 40 (2,639 Views)

Re: ACT! 2010 Download - Computer Crashed - Database is backed up - program isn't

Kevin,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Please see your Private Notes for a download link.

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
Silver Contributor
jonmklub
Message 3 of 40 (2,590 Views)

Re: ACT! 2010 Download - Computer Crashed - Database is backed up - program isn't

Just a note. Carbonite is NOT going to back you up unless you were making ACT backups or stopped SQL while carbonite was running.  Check for .zip backups that would have been made if you set up the ACT scheduler.

A valid ACT database will contain the .alf, .adf and file folder for the database. You don't need the pad file..

Here are the steps if you need them.  http://blog.acttrainer.com/?p=481

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Act v17 Virtual Roadshow Webinars: acttrainer.com/texas-act-road-show/
Monday, November 3, 2014 at 9am CEN
Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 1...

Please use plain text.
donsmith@natfoodmktg.com
Message 4 of 40 (2,183 Views)

I have a similliar problem. I upgraded to a new laptop with Windows 7.  I only have an ACT 2007 CD, upgraded to 2010 via downloads. I need the base program for 2010, because the ACT 2007 disk won't install due to the new Laptop being 64 bit. 

Please use plain text.
kenito
Message 5 of 40 (1,740 Views)

Adding a boot SSD and upgrading to Windows 7 64-bit from XP, I had to reinstall Act! 2010.  But the SAGE site no longer offered the Act! 2010 download.   I have the Serial No. and Activation Code in an email from Sage from my original purchase: I just need the download install file.  Any help will be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
gmartin
Message 6 of 40 (1,722 Views)

Hello Kenito,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Please see your Private Notes for the download link.

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
LogFinish
Message 7 of 40 (1,628 Views)

I too am having a similar problem. I need to move my licece to a new computer, but I can only install the 2007 disc we have, and can figure out how to upgrade back to the 2010 version we run. Is there a place to download this upgrade again?

Please use plain text.
gmartin
Message 8 of 40 (1,619 Views)

Hello LogFinish,

Please see your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
moneill3
Message 9 of 40 (1,429 Views)

I have lost my 2010 install as well.  I have 2 copies of my 2008 install. 

I have act 2010 installed on a pc that is filled with Virus's so I put in a new hard drive and reinstalled windows on that pc.

I'm sure I can put the old Hard drive in to retrieve the serial and activation numbers, unfortuantly however I can not find the documentation for 2010 anywhere.  Can you assist me?

Please use plain text.
gmartin
Message 10 of 40 (1,419 Views)

Hello Moneill3,

Please see your Private Notes

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.