Copper Contributor
wilmac
Message 1 of 10 (2,812 Views)

ACT 2009 Importing Contacts

We have ACT 2009 standard editiona nd I have imported contacts from Jigsaw.  When the remorte databass sync with the master database they only get 15 of the contacts in the new groups. The 15 contacts are all the same 15 contacts for the remote databases but they are not the FIRST 15 contacts in the group.

Any idea why the remote databases are only getting 15 of the contacts in the group? I have checked the public vs. private fields and they are marked appropriately.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 2 of 10 (2,784 Views)

Re: ACT 2009 Importing Contacts

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
wilmac
Message 3 of 10 (2,765 Views)

I have checked the sync set...the sync is set to include ALL available contacts...as for the sync log, I checked it and it didn't list any errors.
Please use plain text.
debblr
Message 4 of 10 (2,753 Views)

I am also importing contacts, I have a question pending regarding the catagories from outlook.  As far as your question I remember in older versions you need to check the duplicate checking data.  Im in the process of importing from excel or I could check for you.  it may be that you need to change some settings here.
Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
wilmac
Message 5 of 10 (2,747 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion...I have already successfully imported the contacts into ACT...they are just not getting sent out to the Remote Databases...or at least not all of them...
Please use plain text.
debblr
Message 6 of 10 (2,741 Views)

Hope you get your issue fixed, the duplicate issue worked for me.  I had to change the duplicate checking fields.
Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 7 of 10 (2,719 Views)

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
wilmac
Message 8 of 10 (2,710 Views)

The contacts are marked Public and they are visible under the remote users account when logging into the Publisher database.
Please use plain text.
Nickel Contributor
ch1p
Message 9 of 10 (2,705 Views)

Hi

If I have understood correctly had a similar thing in ACT 8 with a client. In the end I had to tag all imported records by doing a bulk edit and then they all synchronized. User field 10 was unused, looked up date of import in record created field, then used Edit, Replace Lookup, and put a single character in USER 10. It worked.

Chip.

Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 10 of 10 (2,698 Views)

If you don't have a spare field, create a new one that you can delete after it's all sync'd

If that works, it sounds like the sync transaction table wasn't updated during the import for some reason...

Please use plain text.