kat
kat
Message 1 of 7 (2,293 Views)
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2007 and PDA

Currently using ACT! 2007 with a HP iPAQ PDA. I like the way the data is stored and you can sort it by company name or person's name and such. Understand the iPHONE will do this but only with ACT! 2010 and then the Cooperate package only. Am looking for a smartphone pda that will allow the searching of Contacts by Company name and which also can be synced while in the field automatically. Do want good phone ability but ACT! sync is what is driving the decision.  I need or prefer to remain on AT&T wireless network.
Please use plain text.
Bronze Super Contributor
mscott821
Message 2 of 7 (2,287 Views)

Re: ACT! 2007 and PDA

How the phone searches for and sorts data is not a function of Act!...  So I am not sure why you would need to have Act! 2010 Corporate edition to do that.  Any version of Act! that is supported by whatever sync product you use has the Company field, and typically that would be included in the sync map, so 2007 should work with the iPhone too.

Check out Companion Link to find out more about various supported phones (the iPhone is) and Act! versions...  www.companionlink.com

Please use plain text.
kat
kat
Message 3 of 7 (2,221 Views)

Well I called Companion Link and not being a pro got off the phone confused. Was told no could not have business name and then employee also. Then was told could have business name and second contact being employee. Suggestion, do a trial. That does not work for me for I am trying to be sure on the phone before buying it, first.

If I can not have the company name and employee name for each contact it will not work for me. I need to be able to pull up a company and it show all employees in ACT! with that company.

My HP iPAQ does fine with the contact info and calendar sync, have to believe there are phones that will also.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 4 of 7 (2,212 Views)

The iPhone doesn't sort by Company Name.... it's one of the issues I listed at this blog article:

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/02/why-i-prefer-blackberry-over-iphone-for.html

Handheld Contact can sync to Blackberry and Windows Mobile phones while in the field - there are three editions. If you just want the contacts, it's free.

Please use plain text.
kat
kat
Message 5 of 7 (2,202 Views)

Mike, thank you. Read your report and it was written when "I" could even understand it. 

So as much as I like the looks of, the touch screen and larger screen I am glad to learn of the limits with iPhone. Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 6 of 7 (2,041 Views)
Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 7 of 7 (1,886 Views)
Please use plain text.