Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

How to install ACT 5 or 6 in Windows 7 64-bit

Re: How to install ACT 5 or 6 in Windows 7 64-bit

Hello Out There!

Anyone running ACT 5 Macros under Windows 7?  I was forced to upgrade to Windows 7. Can't get my macros to work so I figured I would record them over again in the Windows 7 environment. When I activate record Macros ACT freezes and needs to be shut down.

Thanks,

Joe

Platinum Elite Contributor

Tuned Listener

Hi JoeT,

I don't have much experience creating macros, but I think the first thing you should do is go into the directory where you installed ACT, sort the files by type, and set the compatibility of all the ".exe" files to XP SP2, with administrator privileges (achieved by right-clicking the file and choosing "properties"). I do the same with patch files before I install them and have had very good results.

Good luck, and be sure and let us know how it goes. 

Hi Joe T,

I had the same problem after an upgrade to Windows 7.  The only thing I could do to get it to work was to record a macro on a workstation in my office still using Windows XP.  Then, I copied the macro from the that workstation's folder - (CSmiley Happy>Program Files>ACT>Macro and pasted it into a folder on our server.  Then, I copied it from there and saved it into the folder (CSmiley Happy>Program Files>ACT>Macro on my workstation and it worked great.  Hope you have access to another workstation/computer with ACT.

Copper Contributor

I was able to install ACT 6 on my W7 system.  Besides having trouble trying to use the MS Word processor (which I would love easy directions as to how to fix), no history is written to my contacts as was happening under Windows XP.

Any help appreciated...

Copper Contributor

ACT! 6.0 only worked up to Office 2003 ... Microsoft changed the file structured and the programming interface completely with Office 2007.

There are some things in ACT! 6.0 that can work sometimes on Vista or Win7. That isn't one of them :-(

Copper Contributor

Thanks, again.  I'm inclined to upgrade to ACT! 2011.  Hopefully, my issues will go away and not be replaced by new ones.