Copper Contributor
jsheflin
Message 1 of 3 (602 Views)

remote database creation and synch problems

Hello all,

I'm having issues creating a remote db as well as opening my windows 2003 server up for incoming synch.

1)

I looked in the knowledge base and found a question related to the creation, but when I 'RUN AS" administrator, the error is still:

Error: "Failed to Create Remote Database DATABASE NAME. The System Cannot Find the File Specified......."

I installed the ACT program as a user with admin rights, but not the default admin. Do I need to re-install as the default admin?

Any other ideas?

2)

In addition, on the same Windows 2003, I can't accept incoming synchs. The error is :

Could not start synch service. Act has encountered an error, please check that the synch server port is able to listen

I *think* i opened the port for 65100 correctly, when i telnet to it, it responds.

thanks in advance,

john

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor Kez
Copper Contributor
Kez
Message 2 of 3 (586 Views)

Re: remote database creation and synch problems

For 1, check this out http://tinyurl.com/4rmh3r

Haven't come across 2 before. First thing I would check is the permissions on the service itself to see if it's running under the local system account.

Please use plain text.
Copper Contributor
jsheflin
Message 3 of 3 (548 Views)

Re: remote database creation and synch problems

thanks for the try

i tried to remove and reinstall ACT, as that's what my friendly neighborhood ACT expert suggested, and was able to create an .rdb with a small db, but not a large one

am going to set the ACT expert loose on my server 

Please use plain text.