Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
bluem
Message 1 of 12 (1,907 Views)

Unabled to install ACT Premium 2011

I am having problem install ACT 2011 after uninstalling ACT 2010.  The user is using Windows XP SP3.

At first we tried to uninstall ACT 2010 using Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs but the uninstall will reach half way and freez. We tried 3 times to uninstall ACT 2010 with no success.

I went on ACT Knowledgebase and downloaded the uninstall.exe files and remove ACT 2010 using the utility. 

Once I removed ACT 2010 I restarted the laptop, loaded ACT 2011 Premium CD and on installer screen I clicked on "Install ACT Premium 2010". The install shield wizard appeared and I got the following message "your machine has a reboot pending that may interfere with the Sage ACT intallation. If you wish to reboot now please close all open applications and click on Yes to reboot", I clickd on Yes to reboot the laptop. Once Laptop was rebooted I logged in but the ACT install did not appear.  I tried this some many times but not luck. Anyone has an idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks....B 

Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 2 of 12 (1,902 Views)
Nickel Contributor
rosevear
Message 3 of 12 (1,857 Views)

Re: Unabled to install ACT Premium 2011

Try copying the install files to the local hard drive before running set-up
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Gailand
Message 4 of 12 (1,092 Views)

I have been trying for several months to install this program on 2 new computers and it fails every time.  I always have the reboot pending error message.

No, there are not any windows updates to do.

No, there are not PendingFileRenames to delete.

Yes, the 2008 SQL Server express R2 is already installed.

No, there isn't any Antivirus software running

Yes, I have looked at everything I can already find on the internet to resolve the issue.

Yes, I have already rebooted the system.

Yes, the system is a Windows 7 x64.

Yes I have been able to successfully install it on several other machines in the office.

The two systems I cannot install it on are both Dells.

No, reimaging the system is not an option.

No, we are not going to purchase new software until we actually get to use what we already have.

Can someone provide an idea I have not done?

GLComputing
Message 5 of 12 (1,087 Views)
Gailand
Message 6 of 12 (1,083 Views)

I had thought the error was implied based on the original poster. Oh well. "your machine has a reboot pending that may interfere with the Sage ACT intallation. If you wish to reboot now please close all open applications and click on Yes to reboot"
Gailand
Message 8 of 12 (1,070 Views)

Thank you for the reply. However, I had already stated there weren't any pendingfilerenames to be deleted. That seems to be the show stopper. I have already got the SQL engine installed by using one of the methods listed. Right now it is just the act portion that is failing.
GLComputing
Message 9 of 12 (1,068 Views)
Gailand
Message 10 of 12 (1,067 Views)

I followed the instructions on the MS site to install SQL server express 2008. That part worked. It when I go to actually install Act! itself is when it fails. Now unless I have missed which program I am supposed to be installing next, I have the exact same error that I keep seeing but in Act itself. I will look again tomorrow to see if there are any other setup files other than the one I keep using.