Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
dwicks
Message 1 of 4 (1,128 Views)

Synchronization Report

I have been tasked to produce a Synchronization Report that shows how long it has been since the last sync on a remote database.  I know that you can obtain that information within Tools/Synchronization Panel/Manage Databases but has anyone created an actual report or have suggestions on how to obtain this information other than with a screen view?
Please use plain text.
Copper Elite Contributor
Geoff_Boulden
Message 2 of 4 (1,122 Views)

Re: Synchronization Report

I would use SQL Reporting Services and the ACT reader utlity. It would take a little work, but you can report on almost anything with it.

I will check to see if the OLEDB provider exposes enough information for an Excel based report.

Geoffrey B. Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Buffalo, NY
ACT!
SageCRM
GoldMine
SQL Certifications
Please use plain text.
dwicks
Message 3 of 4 (1,114 Views)

I did make an attempt with Crystal Reports but was having difficulty figuring out which field was being used to figure out the last sync date as it is displayed in the sync log.  Is there documentation on the fields within ACT?
Please use plain text.
Copper Elite Contributor
Geoff_Boulden
Message 4 of 4 (1,099 Views)

I'm not aware of a schmema report except for what ACTDIAG gives you. If you are using Crystal with the OLE DB provider, you may not see the fields you need. Reader utility is still the only way I know of to get at every single field.
Geoffrey B. Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Buffalo, NY
ACT!
SageCRM
GoldMine
SQL Certifications
Please use plain text.