Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Search "Today" in date field not working in Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0

Copper Contributor

Search "Today" in date field not working in Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0

[ Edited ]

The search for "Today" in date fields continues to be issue with Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0.

Action: Lookup > Other Fields... [select a date field that contains today's date]; Operator: Equal to (=); Value: Today (select from dropdown)

Results: "No records were found that meets the specified criteria."

This bug first out in v18.2 (acknowledged and known to Sage tech support) also affects all Smart Tasks that have "Today" as a condition. This is a major issue - beyond an inconvenient - for those of us who rely heavily on Smart Tasks. 

We need a fix.

An Act! user since ACT! for DOS 1.0 (1988)
Administrator

Re: Search "Today" in date field not working in Act! Premium Version 19.1.63.0

[ Edited ]

Hi ptrombetta,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. I have tested in Act! Premium v19.1 on Windows 10 using both:

• Lookup > Other Fields
  • Lookup > Advanced > Advanced Query

Both return the correct results.

Act!_2017-03-13_16-26-00.png

Were you given a defect ID or a ticket number when it was first acknowledged to you in v18.2?

Are other users of your database also experiencing this issue?

Can you test to see if you are able to lookup using "Today" in another database, i.e. a new database or the demo database?

Bronze Super Contributor

I confirm that I was not able to reproduce on V19.1.63 on Windows 10 Windows 7 or Server 2008  All Today searches worked correctly.

I know this sounds daft but try at different times of the day as there was a problem regarding time zone settings and how ACT looked at the Today field.

Could it be something to do with how the date field has been set up in windows on that PC ?  Also look at the time zones on the PC

Administrator

To expand on ch1p's post, there was a defect (D-04583) regarding "Today" searches returning incorrect results due to some timezone settings, but this has been fixed as of Act! v18.2, and verified in v19.0.

More info and be found on this now resolved issue here: http://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/Lookup-on-Edit-Date-with-quot-Today-quot-results-show-previo...
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Gary,

I can confirm that lookup of Today in a system date field such as Edit Date (as you example) does indeed work.

However, let's try a Today lookup of a custom date field, i.e., a Create New Field. 

snap1706.jpg

Select a custom date field (May Dinner), enter today's date, save, cursor over custom (May Dinner) date field, right mouse click, Lookup May Dinner, Operator "Equal to (=), select Value: "Today" from the drop-down, returns: 

snap1710.jpg

Can you confirm your Smart Tasks with "Today" trigger condition is working on a custom date field?

Were you given a defect ID or a ticket number when it was first acknowledged to you in v18.2?

1/9/2017 5:32 PM 10 minutes Call Completed today lookup in date fields not working during search, effecting smart tasks; tech support advised: known issue, working on a fix. case # 8010 590 094

Are other users of your database also experiencing this issue?

There are no other users of the database. Act! is running on a stand-alone computer, Window 7, SQL Server 2008 R2 

Can you test to see if you are able to lookup using "Today" in another database, i.e. a new database or the demo database?

I tested lookup using "Today" in the ACT2017Demo database on a newly created date field "Custom Date"...

snap1711.jpg

Copper Contributor

Is there a reason why my last two replies are not being posted?

Administrator

Apologies, they got caught in the spam filter. I've restored your latest post and will do some further testing from the information you've provided,
Administrator

Hi ptrombetta,

I've done some further testing and am still unable to reproduce your issue.

I've tested with all 3 types of custom date field, and all are working as expected:

• Date
  • Date/Time
  • Annual Event

I have changed my system short date format from dd/MM/yyyy to M/d/yyyy to match what you appear to be using in your screenshots, but this does not change the outcome. I also tested after changing the overall region format setting to English (United States).

Act!_2017-03-15_12-29-40.png

Could you please test further by entering yesterday's date, and tomorrow's date in two other contacts, then looking up with "Today" to see if either of those contacts are returned? This would show us if the dates are being misinterpreted.

Please can you also let us know what system region format option you have set?

Copper Contributor

Gary: It appears the date is in fact being misinterpreted. When entering tomorrow's date (3/16/2017), the today lookup shows the contact record with tomorrow's date.

snap1714.jpg

My region and location settings:

snap1712.jpgsnap1713.jpg

Administrator

Thanks ptrombetta, that is very useful information.

Please can you let us know which time zone your system is set to?