Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recurring "32-bit Act.outlook.service has stopped working" errors, Add-ins tab disappears, Attach to Act disappears

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Recurring "32-bit Act.outlook.service has stopped working" errors, Add-ins tab disappears, Attach to Act disappears

[ Edited ]

Act Version: Act! Premium Version 19.0.147.0, Update 4

Outlook Version: 16.0.4229.1024 (Locked to this version as per previous Act/Outlook issues) 32-Bit

Database Location: Stored on a server on the local network

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.693

System Specs: 7TH Gen Intel Core i5, 12GB RAM

As the title says, I and others in my organization are getting this error on a daily basis.  When the crash happens, the "Attach to act" disappears from the system tray and the "Add-ins" tab in Outlook disappears.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both apps appropriately, uninstalled and reinstalled the Visual C++ Redist, Uninstalled and reinstalled .Net and yet the problem keeps happening.

A work around has been:

1. To close both Outlook and Act
  2. Restart the services associated with Act
  3. Open Act, go to Tools, Preferences, Email and Outlook Sync, Email System Setup and clicking through the prompts
  4. Open Outlook, the "Add-ins" tab 50% of the time will reappear and the "attach to act" shows back up in the system tray.

Needless to say, this is completely unacceptable to have to do on a daily basis and usually multiple times throughout the day.  This is increasing both our employee downtime and our IT hours.  Any fix would be very welcome.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author financialITguy
a week ago
Copper Contributor

Re: Recurring "32-bit Act.outlook.service has stopped working" errors, Add-ins tab disappears, Attach to Act disappears

Short Answer:  Upgrading Act to 19.1.63.0 IN CONJUNCTION with allowing Office 365 to update to version 1702.Build 7870.2024 resolved the crashes, the disappearing Addins tab, and the inability to attach documents.  Hooray.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Re: Recurring "32-bit Act.outlook.service has stopped working" errors, Add-ins tab disappears, Attach to Act disappears

Additional issues:  When this error happens, Outlook throws this:

ActCrash3.PNG

And it wipes out my address book settings:

ActCrash4.PNG

Copper Contributor

And then this is interesting.  Even though the Act Addin is set to always enable, this behavior occurs:

ActCrash5.PNGActCrash6.PNGActCrash7.PNG

Administrator

Hi financialITguy,

Do you see any error messages in Windows Event Viewer around the time the crash occurred? 

After the service has crashed, are you able to start it again by running Act.Outlook.Service.exe from the Act! installation folder in program Files?

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author financialITguy
a week ago
Copper Contributor

Short Answer:  Upgrading Act to 19.1.63.0 IN CONJUNCTION with allowing Office 365 to update to version 1702.Build 7870.2024 resolved the crashes, the disappearing Addins tab, and the inability to attach documents.  Hooray.