Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
KWarren
Message 1 of 3 (2,744 Views)

Proactive: Upgrading OS from Server 2000 to Server 2003 running ACT 2007 Premium for Workgroups

We are using Act! 2007 Premium for workgroups with the network sync function and 8 remote databases.  The main database is on a server with MS Server 2000 and will soon be getting an in-place upgrade to server 2003.

Will there be any adverse side effects to our ACT program or master database if we upgrade the OS?  I cannot find any documentation on people upgrading their OS.

Thanks in advance,

-Kevin Warren

kwarren@inhousecaresolutions.com

Please use plain text.
Copper Elite Contributor
ddendooven
Message 2 of 3 (2,740 Views)

Re: Proactive: Upgrading OS from Server 2000 to Server 2003 running ACT 2007 Premium for Workgroups

Upgrading from Server2000 to Server2003 can only bring good things, since the next version Act 2008, MUST run on Server2003 or newer.

On the other hand, when you update the Office-version, with your Act2007 you will have trouble with Word and Excel. Outlook does his work, only Act!2008 can do this job.

Daniel Dendooven

ACS bvba - Belgium

Act! Certified Consultant

Daniel Dendooven
Act! Certified Consultant
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 3 of 3 (2,607 Views)

Re: Proactive: Upgrading OS from Server 2000 to Server 2003 running ACT 2007 Premium for Workgroups

Honestly, I've never seen a Microsoft in-place upgrade work reliably.

While there shouldn't be any ACT! specific issues, I can guarantee that you'll have a better experiance if you back up the server, wipe it and install the new OS cleanly. Then install the applications and re-load the data.

Please use plain text.