Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener
jan.martinek
Message 1 of 14 (2,453 Views)

Outlook 2007 - can`t write diacritic characters

Hi,

we have found this issue after update to version ACT! Premium 2009 (11.1) hotfix 1, but only at Outlook 2007 with MS Vista ..

When you make new message, word (default editor in outlook 2007)  is unable to type characters like Ď Ť etc.

and normal characters š č ř ž are available to type after pressing some of á í é buttons..  

Did anybody met this problem?

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 2 of 14 (2,428 Views)

Re: Outlook 2007 - can`t write diacritic characters

Do they work in Word normally? But not in Outlook?

Did it work before? If so, what version did you upgrade from?

I can't think how ACT! would effect that... you might try a local ACT! Consultant that would deal in this more often

Please use plain text.
Tuned Listener
jan.martinek
Message 3 of 14 (2,422 Views)

Version ACT 11.0 Premium (EX), updated to ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 1

It did work before, in all other programs are no problems with diacritics.

After disabling ACT addin in Outlook  "redemption", the problem disapeered.

Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 4 of 14 (2,722 Views)

Please use plain text.
Tuned Listener
jan.martinek
Message 5 of 14 (2,702 Views)

[ Edited ]

I may confirm the problems on Windows Vista English (Business 32bit, Business & Ultimate 64bit), Windows Vista Czech (Business 32bit) with Office 2007 EN (fully updated).

One user(out of 15) with Windows XP, also reported the same issue.

All versions of ACT we're working with, are English.

Czech keyboard layout is windows standard (and the same problems are with Czech keyboard QWERTY).

Regards

Message Edited by jan.martinek on 06-08-2009 08:28 AM
Please use plain text.
starcuk
Message 6 of 14 (2,675 Views)

I confirm the problem on notebook Acer 6460, Windows XP Prof. international, Office 2007, with all patches and fixes available installed.

No problems exist in Word or any other application, be it Microsoft or other.

Only in Outlook 2007, I cannot type diacritics with capital letters (Č, Ď, Ú, ...). For lower case letters, the problem is less universal: I cannot type ň, ť, ď, but I can write all others (ě, š, č, ř, ...  ). However, sometimes it depends on the context: either I cannot insert ř in a word and I can do so only after I insert a space and write at least one normal letter before the new letter ř, or I must re-type the previous letter. The problem, as far as I remember, never happens with é, í. To make the problem even more complex, I remember that immediately after some Microsoft update approximately 6 months ago, I was able to write any of these letters, but this bright period was ended by the next rebooting of the computer.

I have the same basic software on another PC and there is no problem with diacritics whatsoever.

ZS2

Please use plain text.
Tuned Listener
jan.martinek
Message 7 of 14 (2,658 Views)

Hello,

also we found another curiosity - when trying to type ěščřžýáíé , capslock is not working and after char š its doing 1 left space.

Any ideas, what to do with this?

Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 8 of 14 (2,650 Views)

Please use plain text.
starcuk
Message 9 of 14 (2,638 Views)

I have to apologize, Mike, only now do I find that I am crying at a wrong grave... The name ACT! is so unspecific that I didn't realize it was related to a specific product. Google has brought me blindly to this forum, whose background I did not check because I felt that ACT! could be a suitable name for a general software problem forum. I joined the crowd because the problem description I found there exactly matched mine. I have no ACT! on any of my computers. Which means that the other person's trouble may not be attributed to ACT! either - it may be a general fault resulting from some mixture of Windows, Office and third party drivers. There is not need to mix ACT! in it too.

ZS2

Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 10 of 14 (2,627 Views)

Please use plain text.