12-19-2008 06:49 AM
I'm running ACT! Premium for Workgroups 2007 and Outlook 2003.
The ACT toolbar is missing and the ACT tab in Outlook's options is also missing. It isn't simply unchecked or moved to the far side of the screen. Also it's not disabled or anything simple like that, I've checked the add-ins and disabled items, it's not listed. I've gone through the initial ACT email configuration and set it to Microsoft Outlook.
I read somewhere that I may need to create an address book but the steps don't seem to be available online. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
12-19-2008 07:27 AM
Try the steps outlined in this link:
12-19-2008 11:10 AM
Thanks for your help, I added the .pad file with the address book wizard in Outlook 2003 and the toolbar and tab appeared, but now when I record en email history it doesn't appear in ACT! even when I force a synchronization and View > Refresh. Any ideas on that? Much thanks.
12-29-2008 04:33 PM - edited 12-29-2008 04:41 PM
Please check the following:
1. Open up the registry editor by using 'Start -> Run -> regedit -> OK'
2. a backup of the registry is highly recommended before proceeding. (Use 'File -> Export' and ensure 'Export range' is set to 'All')
3. navigate to the following key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlo
4. Check the value for the subkey LoadBehavior which should show (3), i think in this case it may show (2).
5. If this is the case ensure Outlook is closed and change the value to (3) followed by a reboot of the machine.
6. after reboot check that the key remains at (3), close the registry editor and attempt to open Outlook.
7. After Outlook opens, check the registry again.
Please post your results and I shall be able to offer further assistance.