Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Ian
Ian
Message 1 of 5 (4,793 Views)

Missing ACT toolbar and ACT tab in Outlook

Hi,

I'm running ACT! Premium for Workgroups 2007 and Outlook 2003.

The ACT toolbar is missing and the ACT tab in Outlook's options is also missing. It isn't simply unchecked or moved to the far side of the screen. Also it's not disabled or anything simple like that, I've checked the add-ins and disabled items, it's not listed. I've gone through the initial ACT email configuration and set it to Microsoft Outlook.

I read somewhere that I may need to create an address book but the steps don't seem to be available online. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Copper Super Contributor
mkadlec
Message 2 of 5 (4,786 Views)

Re: Missing ACT toolbar and ACT tab in Outlook

Hello Ian,

Try the steps outlined in this link:

How to Add My ACT! Address Book to Microsoft® Outlook® 2003, Outlook 2002 (XP) or Outlook 2000

Michael Kadlec
Act! Certified Consultant
Corelogix Corporation
Please use plain text.
Ian
Ian
Message 3 of 5 (4,781 Views)

Thanks for your prompt reply, I'll give it a try and report back later.

Please use plain text.
Ian
Ian
Message 4 of 5 (4,777 Views)

Thanks for your help, I added the .pad file with the address book wizard in Outlook 2003 and the toolbar and tab appeared, but now when I record en email history it doesn't appear in ACT! even when I force a synchronization and View > Refresh. Any ideas on that? Much thanks.

Please use plain text.
AlexSong
Message 5 of 5 (4,713 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Ian,

Please check the following:

1. Open up the registry editor by using 'Start -> Run -> regedit -> OK'

2. a backup of the registry is highly recommended before proceeding. (Use 'File -> Export' and ensure 'Export range' is set to 'All')

3. navigate to the following key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\ACTOutlookAddIn.Connect

4. Check the value for the subkey LoadBehavior which should show (3), i think in this case it may show (2). 

5. If this is the case ensure Outlook is closed and change the value to (3) followed by a reboot of the machine.

6. after reboot check that the key remains at (3), close the registry editor and attempt to open Outlook.

7. After Outlook opens, check the registry again.

Please post your results and I shall be able to offer further assistance.

Kind regards,

Alex 

Message Edited by AlexSong on 12-29-2008 04:41 PM
Message Edited by AlexSong on 12-29-2008 04:41 PM
Please use plain text.