Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Fortis-Media
Message 1 of 4 (778 Views)

I need to create a future date in ACT!

Very briefly. If we sign a contract for 12 months with one of our clients, we want him to have a breakdown of each month to know how much he have to pay us by designated date. An example: I signed a contract for 1200 GBP,

January services   - £ 100 to be paid by  xxx/xxx
February services - £ 100 to be paid by xxx/xxx
March services - £ 100 to be paid by xxx/xxx

April services -  £ 100 to be paid by xxx/xxx

and so on, and on until December.

Today is 19th February 2009, and signing contract today, I want dates automatically ad: one month ahead for services to be paid by 19th March, two months ahead for services to be paid by 19th April and so on. In another way to say, I need to create field in act that inserts months ahead of the current date. That might be also done somehow in world in which I write I contract. Anyone know how to resolve that problem?

I would appreciate you help :smileyvery-happy:

TK

Please use plain text.
dlunceford
Message 2 of 4 (761 Views)

Re: I need to create a future date in ACT!

Have you tried creating an activity series?  An activity series is a sequence of linked activities or events that are scheduled at set intervals.  You can find more information about activity series by going to Help > Help Topics and search for activity series.

How to Create Activity Series in ACT!

Please use plain text.
Fortis-Media
Message 3 of 4 (759 Views)

David, thank you for your answer, but it is not activity series. It is not relevant to what I want to achieve as above. Thanks any way.
Please use plain text.
Fortis-Media
Message 4 of 4 (757 Views)

I have just read quickly my post, and might not be actually clear what I want :smileyhappy: So once again.  If I take today's date 23/02/2009 and an amount of £ 1200 for which I sell the service to my client. When I do create I contract, put all contact details of my client and so on, I have fields, where I put some figures, discount amounts, vat information, and all these things are linked to template in word, which creates contract based on information which I left in ACT!. So when I click print contract I want on the contract to be printed all information business names, name of clients and so on and information about services, and charges. If this is service for whole year, and my client does not want to pay everything upfront I want to find a way of breaking automatically to my client and information until which date he should pay some certain amount. Coming back to £ 1200, this is more less £ 24/week so I want my contract to look like (more/less)  

Contract for service of xxxxxx with company xxxxxx dated xxxx/xxx/2009

_____________________________________________________________________________________ 

Name of client:   John Smith Name of company: Smith & COTel: 0123456789Fax: 12345678910   The whole contract value is £ 1200  
Service will be provided, unless paymen is done ...........
Payment plan:

(1) You have to pay by 23rd March 2008 - £ 24 x 4(2) You have to pay by 23rd April 2008 - £ 24 x 4

(3) You have to pay by 23rd May 2008 - £24 x 4

_____________________________________________________________________________________     

And so on.........   So, what I can't figure out is how to make that date will automatically change to advance date. There might be some script in ACT! Or in the word. Something what adds months ahead? So if I create a contract on 14th May 2009, something automatically creates that next payments should be made on 14th June 2009, another by 14th July 2009 or 14/06/2009 another by 14/07/2009.   I our customer do not want to pay everything at once; we do try to charge him on monthly basis. Ufff, I hope that I have not made it even more complicated.

Please use plain text.