Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Group dynamics Contact Detail Issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Group dynamics Contact Detail Issue

I am using V. 19.  I have created a group dynamics that places a contact in a group based on an ID/Status. When I look up the group after I change the ID, it shows the contact being in the group. However, when I go to the Contact Detail view and click on the Groups tab, it still shows them in the old group and does not show them in the new group. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author StevenG
2 weeks ago
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Group dynamics Contact Detail Issue

The show Dynamic Groups option is there because it would slow down the database if it showed automatically as it would try to run the query behind dynamic groups each time you changed contact. Maybe with much faster processing speeds it is time to give users the option but believe it would still have a significant slowing effect.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

Hi StevenG,

If you're looking for the Dynamic Group Membership in the Group Tab for that Contact you need to select the "Dynamic Group Membership" option.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

Why do you have to hit the button everytime you want to see it? Is there a way for it to automatically show?

Solution
Accepted by topic author StevenG
2 weeks ago
Bronze Super Contributor

The show Dynamic Groups option is there because it would slow down the database if it showed automatically as it would try to run the query behind dynamic groups each time you changed contact. Maybe with much faster processing speeds it is time to give users the option but believe it would still have a significant slowing effect.