James Gargette
Message 1 of 5 (283 Views)
Accepted Solution

Dashboard

I've created and saveed a custom dashboard but I now need to open the file on other machines to copy the sames settings over to other users. Does anybody know how I would do this?

Thanks in advance

James

Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 2 of 5 (268 Views)

Re: Dashboard

Hello James,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Is this a shared database you are working with?  Are the other computers accessing the same database you are...

If yes, if you have saved the new dashboard in the default location with the standard dashboards - the other users should be able to access the customized dashboard from the select dashboard drop-down. 

If no, you can copy your customized dashboard from the '*databasename*-database files\dashboards' folder and place it into the corresponding folder on the other computers.

The filter settings will need to be set up individually.

Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.
James Gargette
Message 3 of 5 (253 Views)

Thanks, that was perfect!

James

Please use plain text.
Tuned Listener
lefajardo
Message 4 of 5 (105 Views)

Hello James.

I have a similar case, with an ACT db synced between server and one notebook (act premiun 2012).

I developed a custom dashboard, in the server i put the .dsh file in the \dashboards folder under the database directory, and the .dll in the tools directory under program files\act..........

The .dsh file is sent to the notebook and shows in the dashboard list, but the .dll file is not synced,  so the dashboard shows empty, what am i doing wrong ? what is the right folder to place the .dll in the server that syncs with the notebook ?

Its an ACT 2012 premium the one the client have.

Lester

Please use plain text.
Platinum Super Contributor
gmartin
Message 5 of 5 (99 Views)

The synchronization affects data specific to the database, not the system files. Being that you have created a dll for this dashboard, you will need to place the dll in the Tools directory on the workstation.
Greg Martin
Sage
Please use plain text.