Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Greg1000
Message 1 of 5 (6,491 Views)

Change the screen Contact Layout based on a field, value, field trigger or ?

I have two distinct types of contacts in our Company Database.  Each require their own screen layout.  Having to manually click on the layout button in the bottom lower left hand corner of the screen is confusing to many of my users (I have about 48 users). 

Does anyone know how to make this an automatic process?  Can switching a contact screen layout be done automatically based on a field, value or a VBA script?  Or can the "Set field triggers" in the define fields be used to run the command to switch the layout screen?

Greg

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 2 of 5 (6,484 Views)
Please use plain text.
Nickel Contributor
mvpulsts
Message 3 of 5 (6,477 Views)

Re: Change the screen Contact Layout based on a field, value, field trigger or ?

Another one:  http://exponenciel.com/actaddons/layoutswitch2006.php

same money. try the trials.

Matt

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Please use plain text.
nf2008
Message 4 of 5 (5,946 Views)

Re: Change the screen Contact Layout based on a field, value, field trigger or ?

Can anyone give me some ideas on how I would do this using the SDK?

We do not want to purchase the third party tools.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 5 of 5 (5,929 Views)

You'd detect a change to a new record or update of the current record, read the field and change the layout.

For more detail, I'd suggest a post to the developers area - http://community.act.com/sage/board?board.id=Pub_Dev

But, unless your hourly rate is pretty low, you'd probably find it better value to get a tested add-on

Please use plain text.