neilperlman
Message 1 of 8 (252 Views)

Can't open Act. Message received is: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = “Act.UI.ActApplication”, name = “”.

My laptop had a problem last night and now I can't open ACT 2012 Premium.  The message I receive is: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = “Act.UI.ActApplication”, name = “”.  Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: Access to the path C:\User\NPerlman\AppData\Roaming\Act\ActData\DependentDlls.xml’ is denied.  (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, Index 3).

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 2 of 8 (249 Views)
Please use plain text.
neilperlman
Message 3 of 8 (242 Views)

Re: Can't open Act. Message received is: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = “Act.UI.ActApplication”, name = “”.

I tried several of the solutions suggested in the Knowledge database link including (1) Run As Administrator, (2) Damaged or Missing Tahoma Font, and (3) Missing Microsoft .Net 3.0 Registry Key.

I am a little reluctant to try Manually Rebuild ACT! Preference Files or Delete the DependentDlls.xml File as I can't get ACT to open at all so that I can backup my files.

Do you have other ideas besides those in the Knowledge database?  Do you think that reinstalling ACT might overcome this problem?  Also, do you know where back-up files are usually stored in ACT so that I can copy these to a flash drive before I try to re-install ACT.

I appreciate your help.

Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 4 of 8 (241 Views)

Re: Can't open Act. Message received is: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = “Act.UI.ActApplication”, name = “”.

Please use plain text.
neilperlman
Message 5 of 8 (240 Views)

Thanks Mike. I'll try these other 2 options. What do you think about me copying the databases to a flash drive and re-installing ACT? Might this work?
Please use plain text.
GLComputing
Message 6 of 8 (239 Views)

Please use plain text.
neilperlman
Message 7 of 8 (227 Views)

Mike

I tried all the recommended knowledge base solutions and none worked. I finally ended up reloading the software and keeping the original database. Everything came back as before.

I appreciate your support and encouragement.

Neil

Thanks for you
Please use plain text.
Silver Contributor
jonmklub
Message 8 of 8 (161 Views)

Deleting your preferences doesn't affect you database.  The become corrupt on occasion and are relatively easy to reconfigure.  much easier than attempting to reload the program.

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

ACT! Weekly Webinars: ActTrainer/webinars.com
ACT! in the Cloud on April 10 @10am Cen
ACT for Web on April 15 @10 am Cen

Please use plain text.