Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding Notes to multiple contacts

Administrator

Re: Adding Notes to multiple contacts

Hi bhart,

I would recommend you use Internet Explorer as your browser for accessing your Act! 2012 database. Firefox is not a recommended browser for this version. We have improved compatibility with other browsers in later versions of Act!

Please follow the steps below to add Act! to your trusted sites:

1. Open the Internet Explorer options and select the Security tab
  2. Click Trusted Sites, then click the Sites button
  3. In the Trusted sites window, uncheck Require server verification (httpsSmiley Happy for all sites in this zone
  4. In the Add this website to the zone: field, enter your database URL, then click Add

Note: If you are using Act! Premium Cloud, or your Act! Premium (access via web) is set up on a secure server, you will also need to repeat step 4 for the following URLs:
  5. Click Close on the Trusted sites

Additionally here are further instructions for improving compatibility:

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting for Trusted Sites

1. In the Internet Explorer options screen, click the Security tab, then select Trusted sites
  2. Click Custom level…
  3. Scroll down to ActiveX controls and plug-ins
  4. Select Enable under Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked safe for scripting
  5. Click OK
Bronze Super Contributor

It is almost certainly that you are using Firefox that is causing the problem. All the browsers prompt you to make them the default browser so it is easy to slip from one to another.

Here is a link on how to change back to IE as the default browser.

http://www.gcflearnfree.org/internetexplorer/customizing-internet-explorer/1/

Copper Contributor

Thank you.

I've had the flu for the last 8 days..... Smiley Sad

I've use foxfire as my browser for probably 5 years.....no issues.

I did make EI my default browser, by just clicking on it and checking the box.   The ACT comes up..... it says 'unsupported browser'  in the first window.  None of my contacts populate the fields........... there is a list of contacts in the 'all contacts' ,but when I click on a name the fields are blank.

Thank you for all your time....... I guess I need to get someone who can look at my system, but I very much appreciate your time and attention.

Bronze Super Contributor

You just need to make some changes to IE to get it to work -

In IE under tools first select run in compatibility mode if still accessing ACT 2012. If V18 or V19 do not use compatibility mode.

Now in tools again go to properties - Security - Trusted Site - Untick the small box at the bottom and add the site URL which should already be in the box above. If asked also allow pop-ups.

Copper Contributor

Nothing worked.............. IE under tools..........there wasn't an option to 'run in compatibility mode'

Second:  in tools.......there wasn't an option to go to 'properties'.......... only preferences.

I did download a later version of IE...........i haven't use IE in so long I thought that might be the problem.  I downloaded:

Internet Explorer 8 - Downloadinternet-explorer-8.en.softonic.com

The new IE does not have the untrusted symbol when I open ACT so that corrected the issue of a Trusted Site and it does have all the fields populated once in ACT

The buttons to add notes, edit or delete notes do not work.

Thank you for your continued support.............

Administrator

Hi bhart,

It sounds like the pop-up blocker may be blacking the notes window from opening. Look for the pop-up blocker settings in the version of IE you have, and add an exception for your database URL.
Copper Contributor

Thank you to all who posted................ I've decide to buy a later version of ACT since mine is old.   I hope that will resolve the issue.