Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
1nolaguy
Message 1 of 6 (341 Views)

Act 2009 sharing data across two computers

I can not believe I am the only one with this issue but I can not find an answer on the site soe I am hoping you can help. I am running Act 2009 (11.0.0.367). I currenly have teh program loaded on a large notebook that is clumbersom to use at the desk as qwell as to travel. Since I am looking to make a hardware change I am thinking of going to a desk top at home and a lighter notebook/netbook for travel. My chalange is Act as I havee found now way to conveniently "share" my data across both units. I do have companion link and daja office to sink some information with my android phone ( tht is a whole different story) but now way to sync between two PC's. I am a single used although I did purchase Act 2009 premium.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Silver Contributor
jonmklub
Message 2 of 6 (328 Views)

Re: Act 2009 sharing data across two computers

[ Edited ]

You should set up synchronization.  Easiest is to just set it up when the two computers are in the office and connected to the same network. Instructions are in KB Article 15192.

There are also ways to sync when away from the office and ACT has a HOSTING PROVIDER PROGRAM that can host your database and make it available anywhere.

We also have an ACT Virtual Desktop that gives you ACT, MS OFFICE and more in the cloud from anywhere, any device. (hosted solution).  Info Here on ACT Virtual Desktop

[Edit: Updated hyperlinks]

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Act v17 Virtual Roadshow Webinars: acttrainer.com/texas-act-road-show/
Monday, November 3, 2014 at 9am CEN
Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 1...

Please use plain text.
1nolaguy
Message 3 of 6 (315 Views)

Thanks John. I will try this when back in teh offie. Unfortunately I did try to use your hyperlink (instructions here) and yep you guessed it, and error message. I will try again later.

Please use plain text.
1nolaguy
Message 4 of 6 (309 Views)

Tried again to access hyperlink but still get an error. See Exception ID: 5796A23C
Please use plain text.
1nolaguy
Message 5 of 6 (292 Views)

Hi Jon,

As of this afternoon the (instructions here) hyperlink continues to take me to an error message. Please provide teh URL or address string that can tak me to these instruction.

Thanks,

Loel

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 6 of 6 (284 Views)

Loel,
I have edited Jon's post to correct the hyperlinks. Hopefully should work for you now.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.