Loyal Listener
IT_Services
Message 1 of 6 (1,649 Views)

APFW 2009 - Script error while try to View History entry after unchecking the "Allow History Editing" preference

I just unchecked the "Allow History Editing" preference so our users can't edit our history records. Now everytime anyone (including SA) attempts to view a history record, they receive 2 errors. All of the fields in the View History window are grayed-out (not editable) but the actual history entry is editable, even though you can't successfully save your changes. Here are the errors and when you get them:

When the window opens you get the error:  'Null' is null or not an object.

When you click either OK or Cancel you get the error:   The script tag registered for type 'ASP.history_recordhistorydialog_aspx' and key 'blockRTF' has invalid characters outside of the script tags: <script language=javascript>BlockRTF();</script>. Only properly formatted script tags can be registered.

The only way to close the window is to first OK the error, then click the X in the upper-right corner of the window.

I tried this with the Allow Notes Editing preference as well. You get the same Null error, but when you click either OK or Cancel you get the Null error again then the window closes, without saving the changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Loyal Listener
IT_Services
Message 2 of 6 (1,582 Views)

Re: APFW 2009 - Script error while try to View History entry after unchecking the "Allow History Editing" preference

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have a clue what's going on with this because I certainly don't. Thx.
Please use plain text.
Loyal Listener
IT_Services
Message 3 of 6 (1,370 Views)

Re: APFW 2009 - Script error while try to View History entry after unchecking the "Allow History Editing" preference

Wow, almost 4 months and nothing on this one either.
Please use plain text.
benjamin
Message 4 of 6 (1,349 Views)

This is a defect fixed in v12. 

Defect 81438. 

Please use plain text.
Loyal Listener
IT_Services
Message 5 of 6 (1,350 Views)

[ Edited ]

So I guess it's just too bad that I've got 25 users on v11 and that we've got to just put up with this 'defect'? It seems to me that anytime a company puts out a 'defective' product that it's usually on them to fix it. Instead, Sage says that we should simply 'upgrade' . Yea, if it were free we would consider it.

[Content removed: Please post courteously]

Message Edited by ghollister on 01-15-2010 01:09 PM
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 6 of 6 (1,334 Views)

Hello IT_Services,

Please see your Private Messages in this forum.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.