Loyal Listener
IT_Services
Message 1 of 12 (2,469 Views)

APFW 2009 - Requiring a password change on login generates a Javascript error after the user changes their password

[ Edited ]

When I create a new user, I assign them a password and require them to change it upon logging into ACT. After they enter their old password their new password twice, the click the OK button. They get confirmation that their password has been changed but then they get the following error:

"An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 197

Char: 2

Error: 'StartingSessionTimeoutSetting' is undefined

Code: 0

URL: .../APFW/JavaScript/Global.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

This seems to be a programming issue of some sort. Has anyone experienced this too? Is their a fix??

In advance, thanks.

Message Edited by IT_Services on 10-09-2009 11:51 AM
Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 12 (2,430 Views)

Re: APFW 2009 - Requiring a password change on login generates a Javascript error after the user changes their password

Hello,

Is this error preventing them from changing the password? Or does the change go through successfully?

Can the user change their password by going to Tools/Preferences/General/Set Password?

Also, is happening with all users you have tried this with?

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.
Loyal Listener
IT_Services
Message 3 of 12 (2,424 Views)

Re: APFW 2009 - Requiring a password change on login generates a Javascript error after the user changes their password

The password change goes through successfully. All users get this error.

The users can change their password manually through Tools/Preferences/General/Set Password without any errors.

Please use plain text.
ghollister
Message 4 of 12 (2,427 Views)

I was able to reproduce this issue in ACT! Premium for Web 2009 but not in the 2010 version. This appears to be an issue in 2009 that was indirectly fixed in 2010. As far as I can tell, the error does not to seem to cause any harm to the database. I will submit this for research and an update will be provided when more information is available. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Please use plain text.
Loyal Listener
IT_Services
Message 5 of 12 (2,409 Views)

That sounds great. Thanks for your help. I look forward to the fix!
Please use plain text.
Loyal Listener
IT_Services
Message 6 of 12 (2,165 Views)

Now that it's been almost 2 months, has there been any progress on this issue?

...or is this something we just have to live with?

Please use plain text.
Loyal Listener
IT_Services
Message 7 of 12 (2,127 Views)

Can I get an answer on this?
Please use plain text.
Loyal Listener
IT_Services
Message 8 of 12 (1,893 Views)

Over 3 months and counting for an easily reproduceable problem...
Please use plain text.
Roy_Laudenslage
Message 9 of 12 (1,888 Views)

From my experience a fix for ACT! 2009 is very unlikely. When I was in tech support the answer would be the fix is to upgrade.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Tech Benders
royel@techbenders.com
Please use plain text.
ghollister
Message 10 of 12 (1,887 Views)

I apologize for the delayed response. Unfortunately, I do not have any additional information regarding a fix for this specific issue in APFW 2009. It may have been indirectly fixed in one of the recent updates. Please see KB 25657 for download and installation instructions for cumulative Hot Fix 4.

Greig Hollister
Sage

Please use plain text.