shawnmallory
Message 1 of 4 (1,765 Views)

ACT for WEB 2009 IIS Crashes Daily

I hope someone can help with this issue.  We are experiencing daily IIS crashes with the following message:  "Error validating user. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:47654."  Once IIS is reset after receiving this message, everyone is able to log back in again.  This does happen daily though and has become very frustuarting as the number of users we have is increasing, and these crashes are becoming unaccepatable.  I've called ACT support and they can't figure out what's wrong other than uninstalling ACT and IIS and reinstalling both.  We will try that, but I would like to know if anyone else may have an idea of what could be happening here.  Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Nickel Elite Contributor
MMcFadden
Message 2 of 4 (1,758 Views)

Re: ACT for WEB 2009 IIS Crashes Daily

First, this isn't an ACT! specific issue, rather it is an issue with your IIS server that ACT! for Web is exposing.  You would most likely have this issue on on other web client / server applications hosted on this box.

If you do a Google search on the error message that is thrown, you will find many hits discussing the issue

What operating system and service pack level is your Web Server?

Is this machine up to date with all critical and recommended updates via Microsoft Update?

What is the complete ACT! application version (from the server install via Help|About) ?

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Please use plain text.
rphillips
Message 3 of 4 (1,456 Views)

I am also getting this same error.

ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 4

Up to date with Microsoft updates

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
rphillips
Message 4 of 4 (1,401 Views)

I checked the ASP.net forum and found that w3wp.exe needed to be excluded from anti-virus scans.

I added a couple of exclusions for the ACT server to Trend.

C:\Windows\IIS Temporary Compressed Files
C:\Windows\system32\w3wp.exe

The exclusions for c:\act and C:\inetpub already existed.

Since these exclusions Act users are no longer getting the following error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:47654

http://forums.asp.net/p/1223846/3364638.aspx#3364638

Please use plain text.