Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
PersonTX
Message 1 of 5 (1,696 Views)

ACT! Premium For Web and Outlook 2003 Integration Issues

I have installed the ACT Integration for Outlook plugin on multiple computers and I keep running into the same issue on each.  It installs fine but when I start up Outlook I get an error That the ACT! Premium for Web address book service cannot be accessed.  I then click Yes to reconfigure.  I am putting the correct Web Service Address and then I click the Web Database dropdown box.  It gives me the list of DB's like it is supposed to.  I then select the DB I want and fill in the username and password and click OK.

So after clicking OK I get the error:

Loading this assembly would produce a different grant set from other instances. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80131401)

I have done numerous searches and have found some posts on this but nothing has worked for me yet.  At this point I am still trying to figure out if this is a web server side issue or a client issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Here is some info:

-  Outlook 2003 11.5608.5606

-  ACT! by Sage Premium for Web 2009 (11.0) version 11.1.196.0

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

PersonTX

Nickel Elite Contributor
MMcFadden
Message 2 of 5 (1,672 Views)

Re: ACT! Premium For Web and Outlook 2003 Integration Issues

PersonTX,

Please try this.

1) Update your machine with all Critical and Recommended updates from Microsoft Update including Office updates.  It appears that your Outlook version is has no service packs applied to it and is the original RTM version.

2) Upon completion and reboot, try your scenario again and post your results.

thanks,

Matthew McFadden
Nickel Elite Contributor
MMcFadden
Message 3 of 5 (1,671 Views)

PersonTX,

Additionally, please restart the IIS service on your server prior to retesting your scenario once the client machine has been updated.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor
PersonTX
Message 4 of 5 (1,659 Views)

Thanks for the reply MMcFadden.  I was testing with a few different Outlook clients and two of them are updated to SP3 with the latest patches.  The one I gave you the version from was not.

I went ahead and restarted the IIS services on my ACT server and it is working now.  This is good but I am worried this will happen again since all I did to fix it was restart IIS.  Is this a known issue or is there anything else I can do to prevent this?

Thanks,

Eric

Nickel Elite Contributor
MMcFadden
Message 5 of 5 (1,653 Views)

Hello Eric,

This is indeed a known issue in terms of Microsoft .NET, in fact if you do a Google search on "Loading this assembly would produce a different grant set from other instances" you will get a number of hits.

Currently what we have seen is that if you do encounter this, simply resetting IIS on the Web server one time seems to resolve the issue and we have not encountered it again.

Hope this helps.

thanks

Matthew McFadden