Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
Reinecke3710
Message 1 of 4 (2,207 Views)

ACT! Premium 2009 - Sales Opportunities Duplicated During Conversion

We just converted ACT! 6 database to ACT! Premium 2009.  Our database is 11,000 contacts with 34,000 histories, 18,000 notes, and 9,700 sales opportunities. We have 20 licenses and our distribution business relies heavily upon the accuracy of this data.  During the conversion, all the sales opportunities were duplicated.  Some duplicated once and others duplicated 25+ times.  There is no pattern that we can determine. The consultant who did the conversion has been trying to get help from ACT! tech support without success. We invested a lot of money in a terminal server and we want our sales engineers in 6 other states to have access to a database with usable information. We are not happy! We need help quickly.

Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 2 of 4 (2,192 Views)
Bronze Super Contributor
mmoldofsky
Message 3 of 4 (2,182 Views)

Re: ACT! Premium 2009 - Sales Opportunities Duplicated During Conversion

Michael I will confess that I'm the consultant!  I do SO many of these and this is one that really has me stumped. And calling support wasn't the positive event I would normally get.

Ran RedFlags and some other toys i have too with no luck. i emailed you offline what was happening just so you can see...

From the front lines,

-MM

World
Famous
ACT!
Certified
Consultant
Platinum Elite Contributor
GLComputing
Message 4 of 4 (2,164 Views)

Re: ACT! Premium 2009 - Sales Opportunities Duplicated During Conversion

Sorry for the late response, Michael ... been off ill for a couple of days.

Only two choices... weird corruption in the ACT! 6 database that the conversion can't handle or something wrong in the conversion code that only seems to show up for your client's database.

Possible solutions:

1. Have you tried converting to an earlier version of ACT! Premium (2007 or 2008) to see if that worked?

2. Maybe speak to Ingo at CRMAddon. He has an itExport from ACT! 6.0 that can produce data that will work with his itImport

Hope that helps...