Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener
sunnydd
Message 1 of 2 (569 Views)

ACT Installation Issues

I have had mulitple issues when installing ACT where a previous installation existed.  I would like to request that someone at SAGE take a look at improving this process in the next version.

My latest problem:  windows installer ini failed.  I can't get the installation to work at all.

I have had other issues where the installation almost completeds, and then fails with a message that it cannot find a .bmp file.  Why would a .bmp file fail the installation?  I suspect it has nothing to do with the .bmp file. 

My point is that unless you are doing a clean  install where ACT did not previously exist, the installation is very problematic and frustrating!!

In this case, I used the ACT uninstaller first, and rebooted.  Is this really a windows installer issue?  It looks like it is looking for a SQL instance just before it fails.   The SQL instance doesn't exist, because I removed it in the uninstall mode.  I guess my next option is start hacking into the registry files.

The process of installing over a previous version or uninstalled version should not be this difficult.

Please use plain text.
Platinum Elite Contributor
ghollister
Message 2 of 2 (510 Views)

Re: ACT Installation Issues

What version were you uninstalling and what version are you attempting to install?

Greig Hollister
Sage

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software

Please use plain text.